1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Silverman is Racist

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by I am DIL, Aug 8, 2012.

1. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Please don't bring your CE bullshit guerrilla posting tactics to these parts, these fora are enjoyable and well mannered for the most part, even when disagreeing so please, do what everyone else does, create a sock and get back to the CEsspool.

2. javyn

javyn Senior member

I don't do sock puppets believe it or not, I feel they are beneath me. And what was wrong w/ my post? I mean, yeah, I was horsing around with the "Jew broad" thing, but seriously what you quoted from me is completely harmless.

edit: PS, I stand behind what I said too, compared to Gershon, Silverman is a total dog!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  3. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

A black friend of mine and I were talking about poverty in South LA, and she said she didn't feel like non-black people really had anything legitimate to say or could understand the experience. I've had other black friends repeat this view and others repeat the sort of thing gladhands says. Anecdotal I know, but it is kind of hard not to get annoyed when you are told that there is a problem that must be addressed, but that your ignoring it is racist and your addressing it is meaningless.

4. javyn

javyn Senior member

Yeah, I'm with Doug Stanhope on that issue. The absolute worst thing a black person can say to a white person is that we don't understand racism because we are white.

We understand racism exactly BECAUSE we are white. We get to hear what's said about you after you leave the room!

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I hate to agree with Javyn, but although I am sure that non-blacks cannot understand the experience of racism, we (and Asians hear it too), some of the shit that is said when black people are not present is insane. We really are 2 meals away from barbarism.

6. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

As a visitor to this country, I was actually pretty shocked at some of the things I heard when I first arrived.

7. javyn

javyn Senior member

You're brave to admit that round these parts (not talking about agreeing w/ me lol)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  8. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

I spend most of my time in NYC and not in the deep south, but my personal experience is that people in the UK are even more racist towards blacks than Americans, and the names can get pretty sickening.

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ Europeans, in general, are a more open bunch when it comes to racial viewpoints.

1 person likes this.
  10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I call it like I see it, or try to, in any case.

11. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Though not comedy, I always thought she did the Jew-girl routine better than Sarah Silverman:
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    I know I have posted this before. Never followed her career, so I assume she was a one-hit wonder.

12. BernieStevens

BernieStevens Senior member

Here she is: http://www.hebrewmamita.com/