• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saque Suit

DoubleVented

Reaction score
Thomas here. Sacque Suit runs 36 to 44 in even sizes on a 7" drop. Regulars and Longs. No shorts. For buying information, please visit my Web site at www.sacquesuit.com. However, if you can't find a retailer near you, please send me an email at [email protected]. I have a few Spring suits in inventory that I can sell directly. Regards to all, t

boston

Reaction score
That's very kind of you to offer, Thomas. But I need to try stuff on before I can buy.

Any chance of coming to Boston any time soon?

I also second LA Guys question -- do you have plans for F/W? Heavier wools? Flannels? Corduroys and tweeds (which would be great.)?

-boston

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I might head down to Shibuya in the next couple of days and see if I can locate one of these things to look at. If I can find the place, I'll update later.

DoubleVented

Reaction score
Tokyo Slim -- would love to hear about how they look at Nepenthes -- needless to say, haven't been there myself.

Fall/Winter is almost all super 120 worsteds, medium weight (270 gm), with a couple of flannerl finish merinos thrown in. I love a flannel suit. The suits have contrast sleeve and body linings, and in general the look is modern/sleek rather than traditional.

My best seller into stores was a frosted finish fancy stripe on a grey-brown ground. I love it and can't wait to have them made up so I have one my size.

I love tweed, but haven't put any into the line yet.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I might be able to sneak a pic. of the displayed goods for you, J just got a smaller camera than my moderately large FZ20 , which instantly draws the no-no's as soon as I pull it out in a store. I should pick up one of those wristwatch cameras I saw in Akihabara the other day.

boston

Reaction score
TOKYO SLIM: I'm looking forward to the pictures and descriptions.

THOMAS: Your F/W sounds really good. I also love flannels, and I think that a slim cut flannel suit should look great (very Miles Davis).

Your line-up is, of course, your business, but I would share that tweed/corduroy works better as odd jackets than worsted or flannel. One of the charms of your collection, for me, as that jacket and trousers could be bought seperately and/or together, and young folks with limited budgets would appreciate getting a little more use out of the coats if they could wear them seperately *and* as part of a suit.

Of course, tweed/corduroy suits are not common/normal things to wear anyway.

-boston

DoubleVented

Reaction score
Tokyo -- a pic would be great. I'm not sure how many are left, as Daiki at Nepenthes told me a couple of weeks ago that 2/3 of the jackets had already sold through. (this is a GOOD thing . . .)

Boston -- you're right on the mark regarding corduroy and tweeds -- virtually impossible to sell as a suit and much better as separates -- that's a project for another time for me. Right now Sacque Suit is exactly that -- suits.

t

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Never able to find the store - sorry, finding things in Tokyo sometimes requires much more notice than a couple days. Oh well... back in the overly warm Seattle area right now.

It's shorts and T-shirt weather.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend Mark Mcnairy did a great line, but most of it went back to Japan. He just finished off a project for Jack Spade that won't see the light of day. He is now trying to add some life to J. Press.
I hope he doesn't.  It would be awful if J. Press weren't to continue in its preserved status.

edit: Thomas: I really like the look of the suits. Also good job using a source in Mass. to have them made.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thomas - I'd like to  see your suits but the website has been inaccessible for (at least) the past 12 hours.

j

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads