• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok thanks, since this does not have the serrated insole does it imply that this is not their top line model leaving out limited editions? I really like the shoe but want to be sure before pulling the trigger. Many thanks to the forum members...
Tom

Anyone please?

Santoni goodyear feel more better than blake rapid because it have thicker insole and cork to make it feel very good and mould very good,
but the blake rapid more solid machine construction.
The blake rapid is more hard shoe than the goodyear.
Blake rapid still very good to wear,
goodyear better to wear me think.

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It blake rapid shoe.
It better than all other machine constructed Santoni line.
Reverse welt construction and with hand inseam much better and rank best and
Norvegese and Bentivegna very very and rank best.
It good price with blake rapid.
Size is very funny,
it can run half size small many time but not all time.
No.
Some place have no serrated sock and other place have serrated sock.
It make no difference with this shoe.
It is top line machine constructed shoe.

It seems comprehending Santonis is little complicated :). From what I understand thru this forum "FAM" written on the insole indicates some amount of handwork, it could be sewing/welting/Patina etc. So if this is is fully machine constructed where does the hand thing play in? It seems I have no clue..!

I'd also like to know how to figure out if it is blake or reverse welt construction and hand inseam?
Tom

Last edited:

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Santoni goodyear feel more better than blake rapid because it have thicker insole and cork to make it feel very good and mould very good,

So this model of Santoni marked as Goodyear inside is better fit/finish and construction than the Fate A Mano line?

The blake rapid is more hard shoe than the goodyear.
Blake rapid still very good to wear,
goodyear better to wear me think.

Last edited:

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

. So if this is is fully machine constructed where does the hand thing play in? It seems I have no clue..!

They play trick on you.
By hand is hand click of lining and upper,
hand antique,
use hand to guide machine to stitch shoe,
hand cut insole,
hand cut sock and other shoe process.
Hand last?

I'd also like to know how to figure out if it is blake or reverse welt construction and hand inseam?
Tom
Me say this later.

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So this model of Santoni marked as Goodyear inside is better fit/finish and construction than the Fate A Mano line?

Sorry forgot to attach photos in my previous post.

http://s785.photobucket.com/albums/...nigoodyear/?action=view&current=HPIM11301.jpg

Last edited:

satorstyle

Reaction score

Sorry forgot to attach photos in my previous post.
http://s785.photobucket.com/albums/...nigoodyear/?action=view&current=HPIM11301.jpg

They are very similar in construction to the tan non serrated sock liner FAM models.

Last edited:

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They are very similar in construction to the tan non serrated sock liner FAM models.

Goodyear is outside Blake is inside capisce?

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you stating all FAM models are Blake stiched? I have two pair that would prove that to be false.

And what color serrated/non serrated are the insoles?, phtos will be great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics