1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Santoni shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by baseball_guy, Dec 21, 2009.

1. baseball_guy

baseball_guy Senior member

How does Santoni shoes rank against other brands such as Bruno Magli or Ferragamo? Is Santoni a well made shoe? I like the style but have not tried on the shoe to see if it is comfortable.

2. rioni

rioni Senior member

santoni fam (brown) > ferr tramezza > ferr (reg line) > santoni fam (orange) > santoni (reg) > ferr studio = bruno magli

3. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member

Extremely comfortable, fully welted shoes (most). Styling can be more conservative than Bruno or Ferragamo. Very good quality. They also have a great refurbishing program.

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

The few pairs I've owned have been very comfortable and held up well over time.

5. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

santoni fam (brown) > ferr tramezza > ferr (reg line) > santoni fam (orange) > santoni (reg) > ferr studio = bruno magli

Mathematically proven.

6. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

Why is Bruno Magli soo underrated on here.I have a pair i got in Italy and couldnt imagine a better quality shoe for that price.I have tried others shoes as well from LV,Cesare Paciotti,Prada,SF,aldo but really like my BM./

7. baseball_guy

Why is Bruno Magli soo underrated on here.I have a pair i got in Italy and couldnt imagine a better quality shoe for that price.I have tried others shoes as well from LV,Cesare Paciotti,Prada,SF,aldo but really like my BM./

Bruno Magli has the softest leather of any shoe I have tried on so far. I like it very much. I am going to try Santoni today and see how it compares.

8. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

I was selling a few pairs of Santoni for Dunhill recently - what line would these have been? RRP was about £495 I think.

9. badsha

badsha Senior member

How do these Santoni Knox Captoes rank then in your list? Worth it for $418?

KnoxCapToe

10. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

santoni fatte a mano line with the serrated edge insole tan is a superlative line.
    the goodyear line is also well made but the leather and finish on it is not as superlative as the above.
    the classics line can be compared to LO ferragamo and bruno magli platinum

11. baseball_guy

How do these Santoni Knox Captoes rank then in your list? Worth it for $418?

KnoxCapToe

Wow. Those have suede lining on the inside. They must be really soft on the inside. Retail is over $600 in that link, so for $418 you're getting two hundred dollars off.

12. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

How do these Santoni Knox Captoes rank then in your list? Worth it for $418? KnoxCapToe
    Those would fall in the Santoni regular (or classic) category. I still say they are worth $418 (although not sure where they are listed for that price), although probably not worth $625. Beautiful shoes.

13. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Senior member

In my view, Santoni shoes are much underrated here. To my eye, FAMs are as good or better than EG, probably better.

14. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

In my view, Santoni shoes are much underrated here. To my eye, FAMs are as good or better than EG, probably better.

Maybe if we're talking about construction - maybe. I don't really know. But as far as styling, those with a more conservative bent will have a leaning (as heavy as that might be) towards EG. I'm a fan of Santoni, but if pressed, there are probably only a handful of models I actually like and would buy.

15. badsha

badsha Senior member

Those would fall in the Santoni regular (or classic) category. I still say they are worth $418 (although not sure where they are listed for that price), although probably not worth $625. Beautiful shoes.

Supposedly there is a 33% off sale at Nordstrom on these shoes on Dec 26th. I have a $100 giftcard too, so it would be $318. But i have read some users had issues with Saphir polish cream removing the original polish of the shoes.

16. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Supposedly there is a 33% off sale at Nordstrom on these shoes on Dec 26th. I have a $100 giftcard too, so it would be $318. But i have read some users had issues with Saphir polish cream removing the original polish of the shoes.

those are fams not the regular line. aniline leather will not be affected

17. badsha

badsha Senior member

those are fams not the regular line. aniline leather will not be affected

Great there goes that opportunity. Thanks for the heads up.

18. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Those are not from the classic collection. Shoes from the classic collection made much better than those. These below are from the classic collection:
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=156382
    [​IMG]

19. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

What of Santoni LE?

20. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

What of Santoni LE?

all the way left[​IMG]