• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

baseball_guy

Reaction score
How does Santoni shoes rank against other brands such as Bruno Magli or Ferragamo? Is Santoni a well made shoe? I like the style but have not tried on the shoe to see if it is comfortable.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
santoni fam (brown) > ferr tramezza > ferr (reg line) > santoni fam (orange) > santoni (reg) > ferr studio = bruno magli

JeremyC

Reaction score
Extremely comfortable, fully welted shoes (most). Styling can be more conservative than Bruno or Ferragamo. Very good quality. They also have a great refurbishing program.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The few pairs I've owned have been very comfortable and held up well over time.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
santoni fam (brown) > ferr tramezza > ferr (reg line) > santoni fam (orange) > santoni (reg) > ferr studio = bruno magli

Mathematically proven.

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Why is Bruno Magli soo underrated on here.I have a pair i got in Italy and couldnt imagine a better quality shoe for that price.I have tried others shoes as well from LV,Cesare Paciotti,Prada,SF,aldo but really like my BM./

baseball_guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ANIKETOS
Why is Bruno Magli soo underrated on here.I have a pair i got in Italy and couldnt imagine a better quality shoe for that price.I have tried others shoes as well from LV,Cesare Paciotti,Prada,SF,aldo but really like my BM./

Bruno Magli has the softest leather of any shoe I have tried on so far. I like it very much. I am going to try Santoni today and see how it compares.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was selling a few pairs of Santoni for Dunhill recently - what line would these have been? RRP was about £495 I think.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do these Santoni Knox Captoes rank then in your list? Worth it for $418?

KnoxCapToe

baseball_guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by badsha
How do these Santoni Knox Captoes rank then in your list? Worth it for $418?

KnoxCapToe

Wow. Those have suede lining on the inside. They must be really soft on the inside. Retail is over $600 in that link, so for $418 you're getting two hundred dollars off.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by badsha
How do these Santoni Knox Captoes rank then in your list? Worth it for $418? KnoxCapToe
Those would fall in the Santoni regular (or classic) category. I still say they are worth $418 (although not sure where they are listed for that price), although probably not worth $625. Beautiful shoes.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
In my view, Santoni shoes are much underrated here. To my eye, FAMs are as good or better than EG, probably better.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reubencahn
In my view, Santoni shoes are much underrated here. To my eye, FAMs are as good or better than EG, probably better.

Maybe if we're talking about construction - maybe. I don't really know. But as far as styling, those with a more conservative bent will have a leaning (as heavy as that might be) towards EG. I'm a fan of Santoni, but if pressed, there are probably only a handful of models I actually like and would buy.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knittieguy
Those would fall in the Santoni regular (or classic) category. I still say they are worth $418 (although not sure where they are listed for that price), although probably not worth $625. Beautiful shoes.

Supposedly there is a 33% off sale at Nordstrom on these shoes on Dec 26th. I have a $100 giftcard too, so it would be $318. But i have read some users had issues with Saphir polish cream removing the original polish of the shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads