• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni shoes

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never seen this line of Santoni before, with exposed stitching and rubber soles. I'm quite confident that they are not from the various "fatte a mano" lines. THe seller does not even show you the insole. Maybe this is from the lines that are specifically marketed in the US? Jcusey or RIDER may be better informed regarding this particular model.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$320+ retail price.

These are definitely not of any of the 'fatte a mano' line. Like T4phage i have never seen these before.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those shoes look to be in Santoni's rubber-soled Nuvola line. They're not bad, but they're certainly not made nearly to the level of the Fatte a Mano shoes. Current retail for them is around $325.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it not true that the fatte a mano line of Santoni's have exactly that "fatte a mano" stamped on the inside heel of the shoe, running along the length of the shoe?

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is it not true that the fatte a mano line of Santoni's have exactly that "fatte a mano" stamped on the inside heel of the shoe, running along the length of the shoe?
They look like this:
hm_6182_lg.gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(thinman @ April 11 2005,20:07) Is it not true that the fatte a mano line of Santoni's have exactly that "fatte a mano" stamped on the inside heel of the shoe, running along the length of the shoe?
They look like this:
hm_6182_lg.gif

Thanks jcusey, I suspected you could post a picture.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a cheaper 'fatte a mano' line: Santoni Fatte a mano This is because this is a 'Blake Rapid' construction. I believe the tanned liner uses a Norvegese construction.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a cheaper 'fatte a mano' line: Santoni Fatte a mano This is because this is a 'Blake Rapid' construction. I believe the tanned liner uses a Norvegese construction.
Yes, that is the orange socked Santoni's I've mentioned in prior posts... those tend to be more "fashion forward" - longer snouts and sometimes weird stitching.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy,April 12 2005,15:55
Yes, that is the orange socked Santoni's I've mentioned in prior posts... those tend to be more "fashion forward" - longer snouts and sometimes weird stitching.
I do prefer the styling of the 'cheap' line. Although i've posted the wholecut featured by JCusey before on SF. I just love those. When I bump in to them i'll buy 'em. My shoes with the orange liner indeed do have 'weird' stitching. Weird Stitching 1 Weird Stitching 2

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads