Santoni shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seok, Apr 10, 2005.

1. seok

seok Senior member

I was looking through this one and remembered someone mentioning that there're many different lines of Santoni...how does this pair look? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1

2. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

I have never seen this line of Santoni before, with exposed stitching and rubber soles. I'm quite confident that they are not from the various "fatte a mano" lines. THe seller does not even show you the insole. Maybe this is from the lines that are specifically marketed in the US? Jcusey or RIDER may be better informed regarding this particular model.

3. Roy

Roy Senior member

$320+ retail price.

These are definitely not of any of the 'fatte a mano' line. Like T4phage i have never seen these before.

4. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Those shoes look to be in Santoni's rubber-soled Nuvola line. They're not bad, but they're certainly not made nearly to the level of the Fatte a Mano shoes. Current retail for them is around $325.

5. thinman

thinman Senior member

Is it not true that the fatte a mano line of Santoni's have exactly that "fatte a mano" stamped on the inside heel of the shoe, running along the length of the shoe?

6. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

They look like this: [​IMG]

7. thinman

thinman Senior member

(thinman @ April 11 2005,20:07) Is it not true that the fatte a mano line of Santoni's have exactly that "fatte a mano" stamped on the inside heel of the shoe, running along the length of the shoe?
    They look like this: [​IMG]
    Thanks jcusey, I suspected you could post a picture.

8. Roy

Roy Senior member

This is a cheaper 'fatte a mano' line: Santoni Fatte a mano This is because this is a 'Blake Rapid' construction. I believe the tanned liner uses a Norvegese construction.

9. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Yes, that is the orange socked Santoni's I've mentioned in prior posts... those tend to be more "fashion forward" - longer snouts and sometimes weird stitching.

10. Roy

Roy Senior member

Originally Posted by Roy,April 12 2005,15:55
    This is a cheaper 'fatte a mano' line: Santoni Fatte a mano This is because this is a 'Blake Rapid' construction. I believe the tanned liner uses a Norvegese construction.
    Yes, that is the orange socked Santoni's I've mentioned in prior posts... those tend to be more "fashion forward" - longer snouts and sometimes weird stitching.
    I do prefer the styling of the 'cheap' line. Although i've posted the wholecut featured by JCusey before on SF. I just love those. When I bump in to them i'll buy 'em. My shoes with the orange liner indeed do have 'weird' stitching. Weird Stitching 1 Weird Stitching 2