• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love everything about those, what model are they? I would love a pair of those in about three different colors.

Honestly, I have no idea. This style was discontinued two years ago (that’s how old these are). I bought them in the Miami boutique. Should have bought more in different colors.

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
For reference:

Currently, my one and only Santoni. It reminds me of Tricker boots, with its color and it's large and extensive broguing. Except this one is much more delicious. In person it is tan with orang-y accents (specially on the broguing and scars? on the toe leather), buttery soft leather, and comfortable right of the bat. I think this is from the Classic line, I just don't know if its low or high end.

But, it is size UK 5.5 F which I feel is slightly small as I can feel pressure on my right little toe.

View attachment 1251715

View attachment 1251716

View attachment 1251721

View attachment 1251724

View attachment 1251733

View attachment 1251736

I had some Santoni loafers and was impressed with their buttery soft leather. However they were way too big and since sizing seems around 1.5 + US sizing.

I was considering to get some Trickers Stow. These look great. Where can you get these and how much to they cost? I am looking for around this size (7E US sizing).

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience the "Fatte a Mano" and "limited edition" lines run huge, 1.5 to 2 + US sizing. These are Santoni 9, I wear US 10.5 and these have some room to spare.
20170823_201955.jpg

Reaction score
I had some Santoni loafers and was impressed with their buttery soft leather. However they were way too big and since sizing seems around 1.5 + US sizing.

I was considering to get some Trickers Stow. These look great. Where can you get these and how much to they cost? I am looking for around this size (7E US sizing).

I don't know where get this type of boots (website-wise), nor do I know how much it would cost. Sorry. I came across this a year ago on ebay.

And yes this boots does look like the Trickers Stow.

Reaction score
In my experience the "Fatte a Mano" and "limited edition" lines run huge, 1.5 to 2 + US sizing. These are Santoni 9, I wear US 10.5 and these have some room to spare. View attachment 1252058

Let's say you can do it over again, would you have chosen to go down half a size or are you content with this shoes?

You are a US 10.5 and those shoes are Santoni size 9, would you have preferred a Santoni size 8.5?

Astonishingmatt

Reaction score
Hello all,

Very long time lurker here--the SF forums have steered me through quite a bit. I'm hoping someone here may have some advice on a pair of Santoni's I've found, located here:

Without seeing the insole, is there any indication as to what line these belong to? After doing some research, I've found similar models from this year, but with slight differences.

Model alternative #1: https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens...oots/whole-cut-leather-boots/3983529958286387
Notes: Similar model, unable to see insole, priced at $1,395. Goodyear construction, leather sole. Tabs on the top of the heel, above the stitching, match the original boot in question.

Model Alternative #2: https://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/s...w-rJjhbSQ8AtZfsfaekTz-VdYB6nZE2Y5nzo.jsession
Notes: Similar model, able to see insole. Looks to be black with orange serrated edge and gold, large format Santoni script. Rubber sole, goodyear welt.

All three are different in some aspects, but similar in the cut, last, and price point. Forum replies tell me that Santoni Goodyear welted shoes always belong to the Goodyear line, however I've read comparisons of the lines which say the Goodyear line generally doesn't creep above $750. This may be different for boots.

Would anyone here have any educated guess as to what line they belong to?

Last edited:

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dark brown croc+lizard

Attachments

• 965460728.jpg
    965460728.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 110

Vess

Reaction score
Hi guys, my first post here:)
I bought these for 230 EUR. My question is if this is a good price? I see Santonis go all the way to 1K+, but i want to know what I got for 230. The leather is quite soft, but I can't determine what construction they've used here. In general I am new to the "shoes" topic - I have a few ShoePassion boot pairs, a few Bally pairs, Tods and many cheap shoes., all bought below 250, usually discounted. The ShoePassions are GYW, no clue about the Bally's (they have stitching, but after reading a bit in this forum I am hesitant to draw conclusions).
Thank you in advance!
P.S. not looking for approval or verification of my choice, I want to educate myself. I live in a place where the brands usuallt praised in this forum are difficult to find.
Cheers

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a fine price for that tier. They aren’t worth full retail but around that price it’s a pretty good shoe imo

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, my first post here:)
I bought these for 230 EUR. My question is if this is a good price? I see Santonis go all the way to 1K+, but i want to know what I got for 230. The leather is quite soft, but I can't determine what construction they've used here. In general I am new to the "shoes" topic - I have a few ShoePassion boot pairs, a few Bally pairs, Tods and many cheap shoes., all bought below 250, usually discounted. The ShoePassions are GYW, no clue about the Bally's (they have stitching, but after reading a bit in this forum I am hesitant to draw conclusions).
Thank you in advance!
P.S. not looking for approval or verification of my choice, I want to educate myself. I live in a place where the brands usuallt praised in this forum are difficult to find.
Cheers View attachment 1315089 View attachment 1315090

Those are (I think) Blake stitched with rubber sole ( cautchuk). I have similar in suede, and they are the perfect casual shoe, amazingly soft and light.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience the "Fatte a Mano" and "limited edition" lines run huge, 1.5 to 2 + US sizing. These are Santoni 9, I wear US 10.5 and these have some room to spare. View attachment 1252058

Very good shoe.
Yes,
me have many santoni FAM that do run large 1 - 1.5 large.
Me have limited edition that true to size,
and me get another limited edition that run .5 size large.
Me like the Santoni bentivegna and norvegese very very much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads