• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Santoni chelseas.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No clue about the model but that seems like a decent price for that level,of Santoni shoes.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like them quite a bit but at full retail (esp in the US) I do feel they’re overpriced. However, if you can get them at a discount you can get great shoes from them.

Porkpie

Reaction score
Someone was taking advantage of the recent YOOX markdowns:bigstar: If only YOOX supplied better photos:confused2:

What has your or anyone’s experience been with Yoox? There are some horrible reviews out there and items received and having to do returns and dealing with their customer service? I will add that I am in the US. Any commentary is greatly appreciated.

Porkpie

Reaction score
I have no clue why people are complaining about Yoox. Really no clue. And I know that reviews on some sites are horrible. I have been their customer for 15+ years. Yoox is the best store for premium discounted brands period. No other store offers variety of quality brands and discounts like Yoox. Returns are as easy as putting a UPS self adhesive sticker on the box. I have no clue what all those people are bitching about.
Thanks so much for responding!

Porkpie

Reaction score
On Santoni related note, I bought a few loafers from Yoox and Santoni apparently is changing their lasts (may be even production facility) The lasts are handsome but the instep is so flat I cannot fit my foot even half-way. I always bought UK6 from Santoni and ordered my usual size. This is a 3rd loafer from their hand-patinated range that did not fit me at all. I don't think upsizing would help in this case as the shoes were simply too flat. Beautiful shoes though, fiddle back waste, closed soles, really nice patina.
I’ve been looking at several styles on the site and wondered about sizing etc.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have no clue why people are complaining about Yoox. Really no clue. And I know that reviews on some sites are horrible. I have been their customer for 15+ years. Yoox is the best store for premium discounted brands period. No other store offers variety of quality brands and discounts like Yoox. Returns are as easy as putting a UPS self adhesive sticker on the box. I have no clue what all those people are bitching about.
My only complaint, a self serving one, is that the number of amazing finds is nothing like it used to be. That's not likely their fault; but rather an industry that has adapted, somewhat, to the lessons from 2008/09.

Still, it's worth the rummaging if you've got the time.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Santoni related note, I bought a few loafers from Yoox and Santoni apparently is changing their lasts (may be even production facility) The lasts are handsome but the instep is so flat I cannot fit my foot even half-way. I always bought UK6 from Santoni and ordered my usual size. This is a 3rd loafer from their hand-patinated range that did not fit me at all. I don't think upsizing would help in this case as the shoes were simply too flat. Beautiful shoes though, fiddle back waste, closed soles, really nice patina.
I've always found the sizing to be super inconsistent across their various lines as well. Some marked UK, some marked US, some EU, the goodyear being 1.5 sizes different from US instead of .5 or 1. Makes buying online without an easy return process tough.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always found the sizing to be super inconsistent across their various lines as well. Some marked UK, some marked US, some EU, the goodyear being 1.5 sizes different from US instead of .5 or 1. Makes buying online without an easy return process tough.

it’s exactly this. Their lasts are all over the place and generally impossible to understand before buying. They should reduce the amount of lasts to say 6-10 and work with standard descriptions for them and naming that allows one to see the last before buying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads