• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Santoni chelseas

10B28F38-3935-4EC8-853F-EE667E5F857B.jpeg

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - Just added a few pairs of Santoni Goodyears to my collection. I’ve got a couple pairs of the midrange that rarely get worn so I haven’t done much more then condition them and am less concerned than these new GYW ones and will definitely hurt less if I screw something up on them. The thread and research I’ve done talks about the patina and hand painting for the finish. Curious on your experience and recommendations on shoe care with that and if anyone can expand on it? Anything to watch out for or tips? It sounds like I may not want to use my standard renovateur, cream polish and pate de luxe routine I give my CJ, AE, and Carminas but I could be wrong. Thanks!

AWu

Reaction score
Very good shoe.
Yes,
me have many santoni FAM that do run large 1 - 1.5 large.
Me have limited edition that true to size,
and me get another limited edition that run .5 size large.
Me like the Santoni bentivegna and norvegese very very much.
Same as to size. Runs large 1 full size on me.
Quality-wise, GYW or Fatto a mono or Limited Ed. are very good - top Italian standard you can get

jfash

Reaction score
Anyone have these derbys n how’s the quality? I like the toe shape and can hardly see outline of some on the sides a lot. It’s blake stitched though.

Attachments

• 8FD4BE3A-2663-4646-825F-7C17A9517B0A.jpeg
    8FD4BE3A-2663-4646-825F-7C17A9517B0A.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 229

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have these derbys n how’s the quality? I like the toe shape and can hardly see outline of some on the sides a lot. It’s blake stitched though.

The leather on these will probably be quite good (I’ve had Santoni across all ranges and leather has always been good). I imagine these will have a rubber sole though.. On sale it’s a nice shoe but for 500$ you can get quite a bit better

letsgofire

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Santoni IRA Double Monks? What do you think? How is the sizing? Thanks.

Zaos1

Reaction score
Acording to the YT videos of sartorial talks , Hugo Jacomet list Santoni Shoes as one of the best brands on his list... i wonder why this santoni thread is not as rich of people styling this brand as the other threads o_O

letsgofire

Reaction score
Acording to the YT videos of sartorial talks , Hugo Jacomet list Santoni Shoes as one of the best brands on his list... i wonder why this santoni thread is not as rich of people styling this brand as the other threads o_O

I completely agree. I think this might be because there are so many different lines and the price points vary so much.

I just ordered the goodyear welted IRA double monks. Looking forward to receiving them and reporting back here.

Zaos1

Reaction score
Congrats! Could you share a picture of the shoes you órdered? I think i dont recognize them by the names :p

letsgofire

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Double Monk IRA in the brown color. I love how rich the color is. I will probably pick up the cognac one also now that these arrived.

Attachments

• 82368B86-1E59-4673-8BFD-2488E4C2A759.jpeg
    82368B86-1E59-4673-8BFD-2488E4C2A759.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 95
  • F30C0AA8-B2A5-4440-BB0B-122890CFA354.jpeg
    F30C0AA8-B2A5-4440-BB0B-122890CFA354.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 96

ultramantaro

Reaction score

Because the herd mentality here on SF pushes people to these brands:

- Crockett and Jones - higher end GYW (people here prefer Made in England brands because most of them tend to be more conservative in styling and GYW)
- Allen Edmonds - typically the GYW Made in USA line, more affordable than C&J, and can be a bargain for seconds during sales and assume you get a minor cosmetically defective pair. (I admit I had great luck in getting 3 pairs of seconds from them so far, one being a cordovan model) Also very conservatively styled which fits the crowd here
- Meermin - brand of choice for the budget conscious with varying degree of QC. Most ppl tend to be happy. Better lasts than AE at a similar price point

Santonis to another poster's point also vary to a large degree. The GYW and FAM models however are quite nicely made. I think the GYW double monks that I have are the best looking and finished shoe out of all the brands that I have owned (C and J, Alfred Sargent, Ferragamo, AE). However since not all FAM models are GYW people tend to dismiss them as "garbage" or "overpriced".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads