• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread

Jmr928

Reaction score
Hey guys - Just added a few pairs of Santoni Goodyears to my collection. I’ve got a couple pairs of the midrange that rarely get worn so I haven’t done much more then condition them and am less concerned than these new GYW ones and will definitely hurt less if I screw something up on them. The thread and research I’ve done talks about the patina and hand painting for the finish. Curious on your experience and recommendations on shoe care with that and if anyone can expand on it? Anything to watch out for or tips? It sounds like I may not want to use my standard renovateur, cream polish and pate de luxe routine I give my CJ, AE, and Carminas but I could be wrong. Thanks!

AWu

Reaction score
Very good shoe.
Yes,
me have many santoni FAM that do run large 1 - 1.5 large.
Me have limited edition that true to size,
and me get another limited edition that run .5 size large.
Me like the Santoni bentivegna and norvegese very very much.
Same as to size. Runs large 1 full size on me.
Quality-wise, GYW or Fatto a mono or Limited Ed. are very good - top Italian standard you can get

Proleet

Reaction score
Anyone have these derbys n how’s the quality? I like the toe shape and can hardly see outline of some on the sides a lot. It’s blake stitched though.
The leather on these will probably be quite good (I’ve had Santoni across all ranges and leather has always been good). I imagine these will have a rubber sole though.. On sale it’s a nice shoe but for 500$ you can get quite a bit better

letsgofire

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Santoni IRA Double Monks? What do you think? How is the sizing? Thanks.

Zaos1

Reaction score
Acording to the YT videos of sartorial talks , Hugo Jacomet list Santoni Shoes as one of the best brands on his list... i wonder why this santoni thread is not as rich of people styling this brand as the other threads o_O

letsgofire

Reaction score
Acording to the YT videos of sartorial talks , Hugo Jacomet list Santoni Shoes as one of the best brands on his list... i wonder why this santoni thread is not as rich of people styling this brand as the other threads o_O
I completely agree. I think this might be because there are so many different lines and the price points vary so much.

I just ordered the goodyear welted IRA double monks. Looking forward to receiving them and reporting back here.

Zaos1

Reaction score
Congrats! Could you share a picture of the shoes you órdered? I think i dont recognize them by the names :p

Vess

Reaction score
Congrats, they look amazing. I have the double monks from a lower level Santoni series and am absolutely in love with them

ultramantaro

Reaction score
Because the herd mentality here on SF pushes people to these brands:

- Crockett and Jones - higher end GYW (people here prefer Made in England brands because most of them tend to be more conservative in styling and GYW)
- Allen Edmonds - typically the GYW Made in USA line, more affordable than C&J, and can be a bargain for seconds during sales and assume you get a minor cosmetically defective pair. (I admit I had great luck in getting 3 pairs of seconds from them so far, one being a cordovan model) Also very conservatively styled which fits the crowd here
- Meermin - brand of choice for the budget conscious with varying degree of QC. Most ppl tend to be happy. Better lasts than AE at a similar price point

Santonis to another poster's point also vary to a large degree. The GYW and FAM models however are quite nicely made. I think the GYW double monks that I have are the best looking and finished shoe out of all the brands that I have owned (C and J, Alfred Sargent, Ferragamo, AE). However since not all FAM models are GYW people tend to dismiss them as "garbage" or "overpriced".

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.