• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread

Marco Cane

Reaction score
Yeap, the shoes were in white and then they were hand painted by some guys from Santoni. They did that like two times for two years and has never happened again. :(

People around here prefer Ferragamo, Gucci or LV than better quality shoes. :(
Gucci ! EEEW ! What is LV?
The artisinal patinas that Berluti, G&G, and Santoni do some of their shoes in, are so much cooler than plain-old-boring dress shoes.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The artisinal patinas that Berluti, G&G, and Santoni do some of their shoes in, are so much cooler than plain-old-boring dress shoes.
LV is Louis Vuitton.

Yeap, these were my first pair of nice shoes. I have some pics of them in my tumblr from when they were knew and that pic is one of the last ones I took of them (now my father have them cause they were a bit tight and since I broke my pinky they were harmful to wear) the way they developed a beautiful patina, is unique.

I still have the Chelsea’s, I also have some of when they were new and how they look now, in fact the pic comparing it with Carmina is from last week, and they look beautiful as time passes by.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
checkout some of the Vass mto

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to provide some input on sizing from my end:

Carmina Rain; 9 uk
Santoni: generally 8UK

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My input.

Carmina: 6,5 UK
Yanko, Vass, Lobb, Cleverley, C&J: 6 UK
Santoni: 5 UK

Guerdal

Reaction score
C&j 9e
Magnanni 9,5b
John Lobb 9,5e

Santoni 8,5e
Santoni 8f (gyw)

AP2015

Reaction score
I just got my hands on these.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Santoni-Handmade-in-Italy-950-Black-Leather-Oxford-Dress-Shoes-10-F/263638679910?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

I really liked the style - way out of my current comfort zone but I wanted to explore.
Not sure where these fall in the quality spectrum of Santoni shoes.

So, I read through a few threads here
Looks like a Fatte a mano which is held in high regard.
Also, looks like a budapester (as referenced in the shoe) but I cannot seem to find any comparable examples or when this was sold new.

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the FAM in high regard refer to those Goodyear or Norvegese ones.

the one you bought is blake and the sole is too thin. i have to say that it's not a good quality santoni which we like here.

please check the construction first when you buy santoni next time.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the one you bought is blake and the sole is too thin. i have to say that it's not a good quality santoni which we like here.

I’m genuinely curious why you’re dismissing all Blake/Blake rapid shoes off the bat. There is quite a bit of variability within Santoni but the higher end non Goodyear shoes are very well made and stack up perfectly fine to other brands at similar price levels...

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Santoni Chelsea

28127627948_4dfd16832f_k.jpg

AP2015

Reaction score
Good to know.

Good to know.
I hope they wear well over time.
I went through a few pages of this thread - really liking the brand and its styling (not to mention the lower price point)

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m genuinely curious why you’re dismissing all Blake/Blake rapid shoes off the bat. There is quite a bit of variability within Santoni but the higher end non Goodyear shoes are very well made and stack up perfectly fine to other brands at similar price levels...

i have blake rapid (left) and blake (right) santoni too, and some other good blake shoes, like Bestetti Maxverre etc.

the leather of this blake rapid santoni is super great (sorry for the poor phone pics), touch butter soft and anti wrinkle like my limit edition line, and it's not FAM, but the common made in italy line, that's really far beyond my expectation.

the leather of chelsea is not bad of course,though a little stiff.

but i still advise those who are new in Santioni family to stick to FAM goodyear,Shabby Chic goodyear, and Goodyear line, because their quality is more consistent in my opinion, and not to mention, if in patient, it's not hard to find some new one that price is below $300 on ebay.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads