• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

santoni oxfords with diesel jeans? photos shown

milecargo

Reaction score
any blazer recommendations?

IB240996

Reaction score
Not crazy about the shoes, the jeans or the the two together.

milecargo

Reaction score
yeah I'm quite set in my diesel ways so much that I'm scared to venture into new lands.

milecargo

Reaction score
alright. i wasn't aware that the length would be an issue. thanks.

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Its only for us gheys. there is a forum for you sexy heteros tho. honestforum.com

Ok, so you're saying guys that wear tight jeans are ****.

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
He's joking.

Well, tight jeans on guys are gay looking. So I'd assume he was saying the truth.

Inf

Reaction score
Ditch the Diesel jeans, man. I have some old pairs from a while back, and they're pretty much relegated to bad weather jeans when I need something I don't care about getting soaked in a downpour. The denim quality is just ****, and they were $200+ jeans.

I've been wearing some APC New Standards sized down 3 from true waist size for a few months, and they are infinitely better in every way. There are plenty of brands better than diesel out there that you haven't heard about because they don't need to pay little teenie bopper idols like zac efron to wear them.

All the other mall brands like lucky, seven for all mankind, true religion, etc are more of the same crap. Ugly washes, nasty detailing, and low low quality denim.

Not saying it's the final word in fashion, but you wouldn't see a guy on the Sartorialist wearing diesel jeans.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
no , those shoes are too pointy for jeans wear. not the right color mix as well. those shoes are good for dressier outfits.

I'm not a big fan of the shoes--or the jeans, for that matter--but they are by no means too pointy to be worn with jeans IMO. They are somewhat square-toed, but not pointy. I think shoes with narrow or pointy toes can look very good with jeans (i.e. cowboy boots). Besides, who says you can't dress up with jeans?

litho

Reaction score
these jeans are not viewable in Safari !
smile.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nordicstyle
I'm not a big fan of the shoes--or the jeans, for that matter--but they are by no means too pointy to be worn with jeans IMO. They are somewhat square-toed, but not pointy. I think shoes with narrow or pointy toes can look very good with jeans (i.e. cowboy boots). Besides, who says you can't dress up with jeans?

you can dress up with jeans with narrow shoes.

im saying imo,
this particular shoe ( ive handled these before so i know the look)
and this particular jeans.

do not
work

milecargo

Reaction score
on another note: could the shoes ever be acceptably (to SFers) worn with a light wash of denim?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads