• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni handmades in shell cordovan

JohnMS

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....42&rd=1 Can anyone familiar with Santoni comment on the $645 retail listed on these shoes? Seems I've seen calfskin in this particular Santoni line at Nordstrom for around $1100. Isn't the shell cordovan around the $1,500 range?

JohnMS

Reaction score
Gotcha
wink.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Santoni has several levels of quality that vary greatly in price. Only the "fatte a mano" shoes are the super high-priced ones ($1,295 at Nordstrom's last Saturday evening). Many of their calfskin dress shoes retail for about $450 or $495. I suspect these cordovans are at the same quality level.

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
The ones in the picture appear to be Audrey Santoni (tan sock) "Fatte a Mano's" If so this is the highest level of Santoni shoes that I know of.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those are handmade Santoni's. That model is one of the least expensive handmades, but in shell cordovan, they probably cost over $1000.

rsp1

Reaction score

rsp1

Reaction score
Harris...thanks for the quick response. I saw that thread; however, the discussion is really more about Japanese dress shoe magazines and asian/english pronounciation.
wink.gif
I was hoping that someone could identify where this specific shoe fits in the Santori hierarchy and whether the listed price is a good value. Thanks.

naturlaut

Reaction score
Blake stitched shoes can never been truly hand made, since I think it is impossible to have the needle turned inside of the shoe.  There are specific machine that does all that, though hand guided (hence the slight irregularity).  However, the outer stitch that joins the outsole is hand stitched, to justify the "fatte a mano" label.  The outsole is also hand painted.

I believe the original price is $600-ish.  I admit I am not listing at a great discount, but these are rare and they do have a market.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads