1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Santoni handmades in shell cordovan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JohnMS, Aug 24, 2004.

1. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....42&rd=1 Can anyone familiar with Santoni comment on the $645 retail listed on these shoes? Seems I've seen calfskin in this particular Santoni line at Nordstrom for around $1100. Isn't the shell cordovan around the $1,500 range?

2. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior Member

Shhhh.

They may fit me....

3. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior Member

4. JLibourel

JLibourel Distinguished Member

Santoni has several levels of quality that vary greatly in price. Only the "fatte a mano" shoes are the super high-priced ones ($1,295 at Nordstrom's last Saturday evening). Many of their calfskin dress shoes retail for about $450 or $495. I suspect these cordovans are at the same quality level.

5. Urban Warrior

Urban Warrior Senior Member

The ones in the picture appear to be Audrey Santoni (tan sock) "Fatte a Mano's" If so this is the highest level of Santoni shoes that I know of.

6. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Those are handmade Santoni's. That model is one of the least expensive handmades, but in shell cordovan, they probably cost over $1000.

7. rsp1

rsp1 Senior Member

8. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

9. rsp1

rsp1 Senior Member

Harris...thanks for the quick response. I saw that thread; however, the discussion is really more about Japanese dress shoe magazines and asian/english pronounciation. [​IMG] I was hoping that someone could identify where this specific shoe fits in the Santori hierarchy and whether the listed price is a good value. Thanks.

10. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior Member

Blake stitched shoes can never been truly hand made, since I think it is impossible to have the needle turned inside of the shoe.  There are specific machine that does all that, though hand guided (hence the slight irregularity).  However, the outer stitch that joins the outsole is hand stitched, to justify the "fatte a mano" label.  The outsole is also hand painted.

I believe the original price is $600-ish.  I admit I am not listing at a great discount, but these are rare and they do have a market.