1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Santoni fit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MikeF, Jun 21, 2004.

1. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

Can anyone tell me how true-to-size Santoni shoes fit? My cousin in New York has a beautiful pair of loafers in size 10.5D, but I don't know whether they're going to be too small. I don't want to waste the cost of shipping if they're not going to work.

This has been my experience in sizing (obviously, even across the same brand, fit varies by last model):

Sutor Mantellassi: 10.5 is too small
    Gucci: 10.5 is consistently perfect
    Bally: 10.5 is a hair too small, but far better than 11
    Fratelli Rossetti: 10.5 is huge
    A. Testoni: 10.5 is about right
    Ferragamo: 10.5 is usually too small, 11 is usually right
    Mezlan: 10.5 is a touch too small, 11 is a touch too big
    Bruno Magli: 11 is too big, huge in a loafer

Any sense of how likely it is that a 10.5 Santoni loafer will fit me?

2. pitonboy

pitonboy Well-Known Member

I would think a Mantellassi would be like a Testoni and is certainly larger than a Bally. They are grest shoes, so grab them if you can.

3. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Santoni, just like everyone else, uses a lot of different lasts, and each of those lasts will fit differently. Which model loafer are you looking at?

4. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

It's a double-monk strap - therefore either the Alfred or the Dunham. I'm not sure which. Does that help?

5. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Mantellassi runs small. Santoni is pretty true to size (meaning they don't run really small or large compared to other brands.)

6. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Santoni fit also depends on the "quality" of the shoe. If it is the tan "Andrea Santoni fatte a mano" in script going around the heel, then I agree with Andrew. But if it is the orange socked version, then that fits a touch smaller. But then again it depends on the last.

Btw: I never heard a monk strap being referred to as a loafer, i.e:
    Originally posted by Mike F:

7. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've tried Alfred on before. It's true to size, although it has a low toe box that may be problematic if your big toe is kind of upturned like mine is. Don't know about the Dunham.

8. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
    I know, I'm strange - I guess it stems from my perception that the strap is all but useless (like a horsebit&#33[​IMG] on most monkstraps.