• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni FAMs at Nordstrom

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
My first time cross posting likethis, but I need to know if anyone has knowledge:

Anyone know if and/or when Santoni FAMs go on sale or discount at Nordstrom?
Not referring to their classic line from 495 through 695,

the handmade ones retailing $950?

And if they do, at what percent discount do they go up to?
Thanks.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I saw FAM wholecuts last post-Xmas sale at Nordstrom South Coast Plaza selling for $495 (retail was $850). Someone recently bought a pair of FAM loafers for $129 (i think) at Nordstrom Rack in california (don't know which one)

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
hmm. are you serious.
well, there is this brown algonquin toe derby FAM i've had my eye on for the past year and i've never seen it on sale. it may have gone on sale and i missed it and then went back to retail price.

i dont always trust the salesmen there, not because i think they are being dishonest but just maybe they are misinformed on their own sales and products.
the guy said it will never go on sale due to limited production of those.

anyways, if they do go on sale, i cant wait till next january, i may just get them right now for 950. waiting for them to appear at nordstrom rack is like hitting the jackpot; someone has to have returned them, and in my size, let alone to see if they are in good condition.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
And when they had the wholecuts, they were available in almost every size.

ACDoyle

Reaction score
the $129 santoni FAM were found at the Howard Hughes center Rack.
If you are in SoCal, try the Rack in South Coast Plaza.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not seen a single pair of Santoni FAMs at any of the local Nordstroms including South Coast Plaza.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
SCP Nordstrom carries at least 2 or 3 tan sock Santoni FAMs (retail around $900), in addition to the lower level line (retail around $500). At least every time I have gone in there (last was about 2 months ago)

The wholecuts they had for 50% off were the ones that start darker brown towards the rear and gradates into a lighter brown at the toe, with medallion stamped on the toe.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
oh! yes, that shoe is the bishop santoni fam.

punch captoe wholecut with medallion. brown shoe with lighter yellowish brown toebox.

actually that santoni shoe is not an official FAM. i heard it is a classic shoe goodyear welted priced at around 800. alot of the classic goodyearwelts sometimes have the handwritten signature inside and some just have the regular SANTONI stamp.

bishop was discontinued and i tried to locate this shoe with nordstrom and they are completely sold and no more. yes, i heard they did went to 50% off.

but what i am looking at are the true tan sock U.S. line FAMs that are priced 950. i heard from a few salesmen (maybe misinformed) that they NEVER go on sale.

anyone know otherwise? that would be AWESOME if these 950 models do go on sale at least even 30% off.

I have not seen a single pair of Santoni FAMs at any of the local Nordstroms including South Coast Plaza.
south coast is the only nordstrom in southern california that REGULARLY carries FAM at the store. other stores you have to order them.
currently at the scp nordy (yesterday) , they have the acorn colored chisel moc toe derby, the dark brown captoe with medallion, and the one that I want to get: the burnished brown algonquin toe derby. one of the most beautiful shoes i have ever seen in person here where I live.

$950 ...too much. the shoe is spectacular. should i just get it? credit card of course. maybe i should just get it and relieve myself of the torture and dreams every night for the past year and probably future.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
you could always get it, hang on to it without wearing for a few days and see if it's what you really want. For me the luster of an item sometimes wanes once I take it home and sit on it a couple days. If that happens, return it. btw, I really like the brown half brogue captoe, but I can think of better ways to blow $900.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
$950 ...too much. the shoe is spectacular. should i just get it? credit card of course. maybe i should just get it and relieve myself of the torture and dreams every night for the past year and probably future.

trust your instincts.

ACDoyle

Reaction score
The shoe racks are usually a mess (at least at Howard Hughes) and one needs to scan all the shoe racks , I found size 9 FAM in the 11 section, hidden amond some sneakers (maybe someone hid it???)

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
sa-bishopfs.jpg
ah yes. the bishop. i've been eyeing it myself. $745 at haroldsintheheights.com

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
this is still 745? thought it was discontinued.

just saw it in their website. i wouldn't know if they're actually still there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads