• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni FAM Flynn

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
I just purchased the new Santoni FAM Flynn from Nordstrom last Saturday.

The new arrivals came Friday afternoon and I was the first person to purchase one, brand new never tried on by anyone 100% pristine, just the way I like it.

Just amazing, this is the most luxurious semi brogue I have ever seen, just decadent and substantial and gleaming. It is very dark brown with a tint of burgundy, just awesome. $950.
I had to buy one.

They had these brogues last year but in a medium brown or black. This is a new color.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
It is very dark brown with a tint of burgundy, just awesome. $950.
I had to buy one.

eek.gif
eek.gif
I have not ventured into that price territory yet. Glad to hear that you found a pair of shoes that you love that much, though. Would love to see pics.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i am not one to be venturing into that price range too. but my c.c. card is my proverbial devil on my shoulder.
im going to run into trouble for sure somewhere down the road with my wife im sure
boxing[1].gif

(actually that smiley is incorrect; i will not be jabbing my wife like the smiley on the left is. i will be standing still and the right smiley uppercutting me <my wife>)

you have to take a look at the shoes in person. i have no interest in vass or JL whenever i look and put these shoes on. your nyc santoni will have the 1800 dollar version , but from what another forum person said, the difference only lies in construction method machine or hand welt.

i will post a pic tonite when i get home

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
actually it is these here on the santoni site:

Flynn_Lg.jpg

for some reason the picture of the last shape is not very flattering in this picture as it is in person.

also the leather quality, the polish, look, and feel of the leather and soles is unbelievable, you cant tell from the photo.

these shoes are on the top display of their santoni table at nordstrom and when i was in there on saturday , there were alot of people looking at them, picking them up, turning them upside down to see the price, and then making an ubelievable facial response!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I saw those on saturday. The design and shape of the shoe is great, as Satoni FAMs always are, but I wasnt so thrilled with the leather. You didnt think there was a plastiky-ness to it? To be totally honest, it seemed like leather you'd find on K Cole NYC line shoes. I'm not saying it is, but it had a feel and look not too dissimilar. Other Santoni shoes I've held seemed to have much nicer feeling leather. The color itself is very nice. The construction seemed top notch tho, a very solid pair of shoes. I dunno, maybe all the greasy hands handling the shoe made it seems plasticky. A great looking shoe regardless, wear in good health!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
hmm. i did not think so. are you sure the $950 ones at south coast?

ah well, i got em and i'll wear them in health!

yep $950 on the top shelf. Not trying to salt your game, I was a bit less than impressed with how the leather looked/felt for that price range.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They definitely look good in the picture. If they look that way up close then I'd say you done good! Enjoy.

drljva

Reaction score
I just purchased the new Santoni FAM Flynn from Nordstrom last Saturday.

The new arrivals came Friday afternoon and I was the first person to purchase one, brand new never tried on by anyone 100% pristine, just the way I like it.

Just amazing, this is the most luxurious semi brogue I have ever seen, just decadent and substantial and gleaming. It is very dark brown with a tint of burgundy, just awesome. $950.
I had to buy one.

They had these brogues last year but in a medium brown or black. This is a new color.

Some months ago, I, too, fell in love with this shoe in the medium brown color. Awesome shoe -- looks great with navy suits.
smile.gif

mussel

Reaction score
The Santoni USA website listed Flynn as the Classic line. It seems Santoni has been rebadging many models from the Classic line as FAM.

i have no interest in vass or JL whenever i look and put these shoes on.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
The Santoni USA website listed Flynn as the Classic line.

i noticed that as well. just figured they were making the Flynn to FAM specs...?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
The Santoni USA website listed Flynn as the Classic line. It seems Santoni has been rebadging many models from the Classic line as FAM.

we had a thread regarding this a while ago (it might have been on aaac) but explaining why this is so and everything.

alot of the goodyear models on the higher end of the price scale towards 750-950 in the U.S. have the FAM signature on the insole.
not that they are rebadged,
it just that these Are classic line, but we simply (those who have them) refer to them as 'FAM' as per the signature.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out how Goodyear and Fatto a Mano go together...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
i noticed that as well. just figured they were making the Flynn to FAM specs...?

yes, it is a flynn-fam move on their part.
patch[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads