• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni FAM boot

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm looking for the retail price of a pair of orange sock Santonis -- brown with an almost black antiquing on the toe/double leather sole with rubber/2 or 3 eyelets.

Can't find a pic anywhere. The one on the Santoni site isn't quite right.

Does anyone know the USD retail price?

Thanks,

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Know one knows the approx retail on these?

Wanted to check the "deal" I saw in Stockholm.

lefty

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chances are, if you see it in Europe, it's not something available in the U.S., and that itself may lend a premium to the shoes, at least I think so anyway. I don't think they sell any FAM boots in the US in the first place. As a general matter, I hear orange sock FAMs go for around $600 and up. So I suppose if you see a "deal" for something less, you can't find it elsewhere, and you really like them, buy them.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Thanks, teddie.

Maybe I didn't know what I was looking at. I thought the FAMs were the highest level of Santoni.

Similar to these, but with a double sole ...

http://www.santonishoesusa.com/Images/7383_Lg.jpg

About $615 all in.

lefty

Those are pretty freakin' sweet. I'd get 'em. I'm not sure what is meant by a double sole though. I'm looking for a good boot. And if the antiquing is the same as the pic, awesome.

Diorshoe is more of an expert at FAMs than I am, but I know that even FAMs come in a range. The tan socks are around $1K and up to >$2K for the handmades. Tan socks (perhaps the Orange as well) come in a "serrated" and "non-serrated" version, the serrated representing the more top of the line (i.e. the sock has a noticeable serrated edge). The orange socks I hear are less expensive, it could actually be more than $600 - perhaps $700 or 800, but I haven't actually seen any myself. The picture you show is a tan sock in their handmade line, so that would at least be $1K. I don't know if this is a shoe they sell in NY, but they could probably at least check for you. If you want to get a grasp on the retail, you should probably call the NY store. But for $615, you will be getting an amazing, well made shoe.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why are shoes so damn confusing?

The pic to me looks like it has an orange sock similar to what I saw with a handwritten signature on a curve as pictured.

Double leather sole, so twice as thick as what's pictured. Didn't have the outside welt stitching though.

Not sure if I can picture what the serrated edge on the sock would look like.

Guess a trip to Santoni is on the books.

Thanks again.

lefty

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that I look at it again, you're probably right that it's orange. Or it could be the lighting. But FAMS definitely come in an orange and tan sock, and there are distinctions between the two. The pic also doesn't look serrated. If you look at the edge of the sole, imagine a serrated knife, well that's how it would look. As you can see in the pic, the edge of the sole is smooth and flush with the inside. But like I said, maybe orange sock doesn't come in a serrated version. But, all this really shouldn't matter since you are looking at the handgrade FAM line with a 4 digit number desigation, and this one looks to have Norvogese stitching, which i think looks nice and substantial. Some people don't prefer it because of the visible stitching. In any event, this is definitely a >$1K shoe.

What you're looking at in Sweden, now I can't tell if $615 is a "deal." But I think any FAM is worth a $600 price tag - orange, tan, serrated, non - whatever, as many of their non-FAM shoes sell for $495 retail (which is too much IMO). This all doesn't really answer your question, but at least you're better informed and probably can get better answers from the Santoni people yourself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads