• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni Double Monks- Are these any good?

nbmplano

Reaction score
I have been looking around for a pair of double monks at a reasonable price for a little while now. I have had my eyes set on a pair of Lowndes as soon as a pair comes up on B&S in a size 9.5d US. I was just searching through ebay though and came across these Santoni's. I am not sure about the quality of this particular pair. I know they make several different quality's. Are these any good (or at least worth the price?)

Thanks for the help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Santoni-Double-M...item3f02b5895f

Wicky

Reaction score
Santoni indeed has different construction levels. These are likely blake (rapid) construction, whereas generally the goodyear construction is the best and most durable one. I have several pairs of blake construction Santoni's and they last for years. Having said that, I do no walk miles in them.

I think the double monks are awesome!

banis

Reaction score
I have two pairs of double monks form Santoni. Both are not goodyear welted. However, I have one pair for three years already and another one for almost two. I don't have any issues with them.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are awesome, would buy with out hesitation.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would buy those if new. I have a pair of double monks (brown, grained leather) from Santoni, and altough they are not good year, they are very solid and sleek. I've seen many double monks models from Santoni and I would buy without hesitation. The good year welted ones from Santoni probably are more expensive than C&J.

My holy grail shoe had been for a long time the Lowndes. I was tempted so much to buy a pair of subs from ebay for around 200GBP but was not sure of the fit, although I have two other pairs on the 348 last. I talked a few times with the brogue.ch shop owner in Geneva and they stock both Santoni and C&J, but not the Lowndes. He convinced me that C&J Lowndes is much less comfortable than Santoni and not easy to fit, and that's why he does not order this model anymore. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics