1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Santoni Cordovan Q w/pics

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ACDoyle, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ACDoyle

ACDoyle Senior Member

I purchsed a penny loafer from Nordstrom rack today which is from the Santoni fate a mano line.
    The leather is genuine cordovan in a dark brown. The sock is also of the same material as the upper (dark bown cordovan) with a closed channel goodyear welted sole.
    I have never seen this type of Santoni before, does anyone else have experience with cordovan Santoni and what would be the retail price on this shoe

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...es/Santoni.jpg
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...antoniSock.jpg
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...antonisole.jpg

Thanks

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

The Santoni Fatte a Mano stuff is pure garbage. It's probably worth about $100 and since it seems we are the same size, I'll give you $150 for them so that you don't feel bad about yourself for buying them.

3. ACDoyle

ACDoyle Senior Member

fatte a mano start at around $700 and i have seen them for around $1300
    so these shoes must be around that price, but being cordovan, the price may be more.
    Will sell it for $500
    Size is 9D (seem to run small)

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Thanks, I'm sure you kno I was kidding. Santoni Fatte a Mano's are awesome shoes. Interesting that you say they run small as I always found them to run big. I'm a 10.5 and a 9.5 Santoni fits me well. A small 9 would be just a tad bit too small.

5. ACDoyle

ACDoyle Senior Member

Any info on these shoe, the website has no info, is this an older model that has been discontinued or is it a new model????
    Has anyone come across cordovan Santoni's before

6. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Distinguished Member

I had once seen a pair of norwegain (dover like toe) cordovan FAMs. I may not be absolutely right but I think they were over a $1000. I am surprised that your size 9s are small. Like edmorel, I wear about a 10.5 and the one pair of FAM loafers is a little generous on my feet while being marked 9.5!

What is the length etc?

7. ACDoyle

ACDoyle Senior Member

sole length is 11 3/4 in and the sole width is tad under 4.5 in.
    maybe this is a mismarked pair-the reason for ending up in nordstroms rack
    the welt is somewhat wide so teh actual internal measurements maybe be smaller than the above measurements