1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

santiago chile

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Aug 11, 2006.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Stylish Dinosaur

I'll be there for part of next week. anybody have any recomendations? stuff to eat, see, buy?

2. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

We were just there overnight on our way through to Puerto Montt for a fishing trip. Stayed at the nice old Hotel Carrera across from la Moneda presidentail palace (Pisco sours at the roofdeck bar!). Did a quick tour of the big market, and ate at a wonderful fish restaurant out in a suburb...

Wish I I had more to offer [​IMG]

3. globetrotter

We were just there overnight on our way through to Puerto Montt for a fishing trip. Stayed at the nice old Hotel Carrera across from la Moneda presidentail palace (Pisco sours at the roofdeck bar!). Did a quick tour of the big market, and ate at a wonderful fish restaurant out in a suburb...

Wish I I had more to offer [​IMG]

thanks - its a start

4. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

"Santiago's colourful Mercado Central, housed in an 1872 wrought iron structure, has a fruit and vegetable market as well as a buzzing fish market where an assortment of glistening fish is packed onto the tables. Mussels, oysters and clams sit in buckets among an unidentifiable variety of crustaceans and tentacled creatures. The fishmongers demonstrate their skill at gutting and filleting amid a cacophony of frenzied buying. The best time to visit is at lunchtime when a delicious sampling of the wares can be enjoyed in the happily chaotic atmosphere of the central hall.

Address: Corner of Calle Puente and Calle San Pablo; Transport: Metro to Puente Cal y Canto; Opening time: Daily from 6am to 4pm"

GO EAT SOME SEAFOOD. SOOO GOOD. [​IMG]

5. globetrotter

very very good sea food, and I am not a seafood eater. pink clams, something called "loco" which may be a type of abalone.

can't understand the spanish at all, though. very soft and it seems that they swallow some consanants and most of the vowels.

6. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

can't understand the spanish at all, though. very soft and it seems that they swallow some consanants and most of the vowels.

Wait 'till you hear how we speak it here. Fast, eating the end of every word and throwing in a few English words for good measure. We also use tons of anglicisms introduced to the language courtesy of factory manager types from the US who would convert words like "facilities" into Spanish, hence turning a company's predios or planta fisica into its "facilidades" which is a complete disparate

7. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Distinguished Member

Also, they seem to be dead-set against the use of "S". To ask your waiter if the fish is fresh, it is correct to inquire "eta la pecca frecca?"