1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Sanding Shoes Trees

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scnupe7, Jan 8, 2005.

1. scnupe7

scnupe7 Well-Known Member

I have tried this once to sort of refresh the cedar.  Does anyone else do this?

2. tiger02

tiger02 Well-Known Member

Haven't had to yet, but I know that whoever makes the ones I've got recommends it.  Same for cedar blocks in the closet, cedar hangars, etc.

Tom

3. wja

wja Well-Known Member

I've sanded a number of items made of cedar and, although the scent will return, it has always been weak and a disappointment. I'm told that the trick is to apply a little cedar oil, which is easily found using Google.

4. scnupe7

scnupe7 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear you say that. I was disappointed when I tried it as well. I thought that I had done a poor sanding job. I think I will try the cedar oil. Thanks