• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sanders Shoes

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
I recently visited Citi Shoes on Park Avenue, and I saw some Sanders Shoes made in England.

A couple of models got me interested.

I have not heard much about Sanders, and I have not seen them in New York.

Any experience, recommendations, etc.?

Thanks.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
link? pictures?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like their Casual line. I have a pair of their buck chukkas. I can't speak about relative quality, etc.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of their tan buck/red sole loafers last year on a deep closeout. Goodyear welted, very comfortable, and have held up well. They seem to have a pretty good range of G fittings.

Suede is one thing and my guess is that when it comes to calf they are probably considered on the lower end of Northampton mfrs due to comparable price points. I think they do a lot of private labeling (McNairy's stuff is all through them), which is the only way I have seen them in the US.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to reply in such an old thread but I wondered if anyone knows how Sanders boots with an F width fitting fit? Are they on a short last like the Loake 026 last or are they a bit longer?

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the same size (8.5) in Loake 026 F last and Sanders 4831 (Dirty bucks, and Olly brogue) I don't know the last used for the boots (M265 ?)

026 is a bit longer, however the last shape is very different, I found Sanders much more confortable.

IMG_3634.jpg

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the picture and information. I'm surprised the last is even shorter than Loake's 026 since that already is a very short last in my opinion.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me bump this thread. Any opinions on the quality of Sanders bucks? Can't find alternatives in the UK unless I order MTO Trickers, which seems slightly overkill for some supposedly cheap and cheerful casual shoes. Cheers.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are very well made and lightweight but Eva sole isn't so durable.

I suggest you to search the Mcnairy version that is built on a rounded last, Sanders Jack are on Stet last and honestly isn't the best last for Bucks.

Last edited:

raphec

Reaction score
Just to add my 2c worth.

Was looking for a wider Chelsea boot and decided to give the Sanders Thirsk a go. Now its been a while since I last wore boots of this style, and while I find them an absolute pain in the butt to put them on and take them off, I can say that I am happy both with the look, as well as the very high level of comfort. Even on first wear, didnt need to break them in at all.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is the only Sanders thread...correct me if I"m wrong.

I'm looking at the two Sanders jodhpur models. The Newmarket is 155 pounds at Brogue Shoes, whereas the Newbury is 199 pounds. The Newmarket is advertised as being part of Sanders's Uniform range, while the Newbury is in the Country range. Hard to tell from the descriptions, but I think the main differences are that the Newbury is fully leather lined, and perhaps uses a better grade of leather. I may have heard that some Sanders models are not Made in UK, so perhaps that could be another distinction.

However, I might be tempted by the Newmarket as these are going to be "beater" boots that I'll topy to wear when the weather isn't great. Is the extra $80 or so for the Newmarket a good investment?

Thanks in advance...

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is the only Sanders thread...correct me if I"m wrong.

I'm looking at the two Sanders jodhpur models. The Newmarket is 155 pounds at Brogue Shoes, whereas the Newbury is 199 pounds. The Newmarket is advertised as being part of Sanders's Uniform range, while the Newbury is in the Country range. Hard to tell from the descriptions, but I think the main differences are that the Newbury is fully leather lined, and perhaps uses a better grade of leather. I may have heard that some Sanders models are not Made in UK, so perhaps that could be another distinction.

However, I might be tempted by the Newmarket as these are going to be "beater" boots that I'll topy to wear when the weather isn't great. Is the extra $80 or so for the Newbury a good investment?

Thanks in advance...

I've been looking at Sanders shoes as well, the Monaco boot which looks nice and sleek. From what I've seen, Sanders does make all their shoes in the UK.

The Newmarket boot is made with polished leather, which is essentially corrected grain leather, while the Newbury boot is likely made from higher quality, full grain leather, which will look better over the long run.

I've looked at the Newbury from different web shops, some say full-grain leather and others say it's calf leather.

IIRC, corrected grain leather is better at resisting water.

In your position however, I'd use the Newmarket boot as beaters.

Last edited:

PhilVo

Reaction score
Just picked up the black Finchley tassel loafers at UshowU for 146£... a steal for the quality and very nice to wear for work!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads