• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sanders Shoes

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Any chance you can compare the fit/sizing of the 4831 last with the usual suspects? EG 888, Alden, perhaps Church's 100?
-

Unfortunately I don’t have any of those.

If it helps I would say fairly similar to Trickers 4444 but a bit less volume around the middle of the foot. More spacious than Crockett & Jones 325 around the toe box.

Hope that helps.

Vadim T

Reaction score
Any chance you can compare sizing fit to Alden/Edward Green/
Unfortunately, no, I have no EG shoes,
I bought it a long time ago Alden NST Blucher Aberdeen last - 12 D size, it was too short for me.
I don't have any more experience with Alden.
C&J, Cheaney, I have in most cases 11.5 uk size.
Sanders doesn't produce a size 11.5 uk, so I buy a 12 uk.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t have any of those.

If it helps I would say fairly similar to Trickers 4444 but a bit less volume around the middle of the foot. More spacious than Crockett & Jones 325 around the toe box.

Hope that helps.
Thank you

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, I have no EG shoes,
I bought it a long time ago Alden NST Blucher Aberdeen last - 12 D size, it was too short for me.
I don't have any more experience with Alden.
C&J, Cheaney, I have in most cases 11.5 uk size.
Sanders doesn't produce a size 11.5 uk, so I buy a 12 uk.

Thank you

leparrain7

Reaction score
Hi guys,
here are my Sanders Cheltenhams for Hackett out for the first time..
frankly I'm very happy, although I noticed a difference between the left and right pair (too tight) but I think it will be fine better after a few ports especially as the right is my weaker foot.
E2107DDB-2F88-4347-B41D-DCC2EC735CE4.jpeg
8B68DC80-2AD0-4AF3-8039-657336D73709.jpeg
F43BC7FD-AC18-4148-A9EA-199841FCBCC6.jpeg

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

leparrain7

Reaction score
Can you perhaps share your sizing experience, comparison with CJ, EG etc?
hi, sorry for the moment I have neither C&J nor EG in my collection (I am on the lookout for a good plan on Conistons or Pembrokes) to compare with Sanders, but if I can compare with Cheaney or Trickers, I would say the sizing is pretty generous.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi, sorry for the moment I have neither C&J nor EG in my collection (I am on the lookout for a good plan on Conistons or Pembrokes) to compare with Sanders, but if I can compare with Cheaney or Trickers, I would say the sizing is pretty generous.
Thank you.

Generous as in 1/2 a size or almost 1/2 a size?
-

leparrain7

Reaction score
Thank you.

-
frankly I cannot be 100% affirmative it will depend on the last with which we compare and the shape of your foot, for example on the last 12508 at Cheaney I am a little tight and I miss the height in 8.5 uk, on the last W2298 at Trickers I took a 9 and it suits me perfectly, while at Sanders for the Cheltenham last M265L in 8.5 it suits me (except for a weird difference between the left and right foot) I took also Gibson buck last 4821 in 8.5 and it was very comfortable.
here I hope I was clear

leparrain7

Reaction score
Thank you.

-
frankly I cannot be 100% affirmative it will depend on the last with which we compare and the shape of your foot, for example on the last 12508 at Cheaney I am a little tight and I miss the height in 8.5 uk, on the last W2298 at Trickers I took a 9 and it suits me perfectly, while at Sanders for the Cheltenham last M265L in 8.5 it suits me (except for a weird difference between the left and right foot) I took also Gibson buck last 4821 in 8.5 and it was very comfortable.
here I hope I was clear

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here I hope I was clear
Thank you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads