• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sanders Shoes

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look great and no doubt comfy. At £100 theres not much better i could think off!

Yeah, 1st try on felt promising, didn’t get the feeling much break in would be required.

I couldn’t believe the price. I was actually looking for a Sanders chukka but couldn’t pass on that deal.

Will see how I get on with the crepe, I look forward to the comfort it’s supposed to bring.

Vadim T

Reaction score
I am highly impressed with these
Yes!
But for many, it is more important to have bags for shoes and a beautiful box.
Stupid people :devil:
with the crepe
The ends of the sole are better to paint, it gets dirty quickly, but then the welt will also have to be painted.
Will see how I get on with the crepe, I look forward to the comfort it’s supposed to bring.
I did resoling (Vibram Gumlait) on my old Sanders, excellent result, light and soft.
P1100485.jpg
P1100493.jpg

I was actually looking for a Sanders chukka
If you are looking for shoes for summer, here is the best option, my opinion is given almost for nothing.
Unlined reverse suede on single crepe sole
Marvin-1971TTS_C.jpg

leparrain7

Reaction score
New arrival and have to say I am highly impressed with these. Especially at £100 direct from Sanders.

Nice generous last with plenty of width seems to suit me well.

View attachment 1421799 View attachment 1421800
Hi,
I agree with you that Sanders is really not too valued.
I just bought Cheltenhams in 8.5 uk knowing that I am a 9 or 8.5 depending on the brands and the last ones, I read that the Cheltenhams have a little big shoes, so that should be ok ..
the Olly me have been eyeing for a while - especially at this price - have you taken your usual size or have you gone down a 0.5 size?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I agree with you that Sanders is really not too valued.
I just bought Cheltenhams in 8.5 uk knowing that I am a 9 or 8.5 depending on the brands and the last ones, I read that the Cheltenhams have a little big shoes, so that should be ok ..
the Olly me have been eyeing for a while - especially at this price - have you taken your usual size or have you gone down a 0.5 size?

I actually returned the Olly which was a difficult decision. I just decided that I didn’t need another brogue and that a desert boot was more what I wanted.

I did really like them though and part of me wishes I’d held onto them. It certainly gave me a good impression of Sanders.

When I ordered there was my true to size shown as available and also half a size lower. I was going to order both to compare but couldn’t add the true to size to basket. I assume it wasn’t actually available. As it happens half a size down felt perfect for me so I would say they’re quite a generous fit. I would absolutely recommend them.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes!

The ends of the sole are better to paint, it gets dirty quickly, but then the welt will also have to be painted.

I did resoling (Vibram Gumlait) on my old Sanders, excellent result, light and soft. View attachment 1425234 View attachment 1425235

If you are looking for shoes for summer, here is the best option, my opinion is given almost for nothing.
Unlined reverse suede on single crepe sole
View attachment 1425239

That resole looks good, I imagine they are really comfy.

I like the look of the Marvin, I have just got another desert boot but would have definitely considered that had I not. Shame I hadn’t noticed your post until now.

leparrain7

Reaction score
I actually returned the Olly which was a difficult decision. I just decided that I didn’t need another brogue and that a desert boot was more what I wanted.

I did really like them though and part of me wishes I’d held onto them. It certainly gave me a good impression of Sanders.

When I ordered there was my true to size shown as available and also half a size lower. I was going to order both to compare but couldn’t add the true to size to basket. I assume it wasn’t actually available. As it happens half a size down felt perfect for me so I would say they’re quite a generous fit. I would absolutely recommend them.
Thanks for your advice.
I'm also reluctant to take the olly because I already have Bourton smooth leather and I just took Cheltenham grained leather so that will give me an extra brogues, even if the Olly are suede. there is a pair of Archies in blue that I think are beautiful too.
in any case, I have decided not to spend more money looking for brands at prices that are out of budget for me, so my wife and my wallet will be happy ?

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes!

I did resoling (Vibram Gumlait) on my old Sanders, excellent result, light and soft. View attachment 1425234

Which model is that? I don't think I've ever seen an apron-toe derby from Sanders before.

Vadim T

Reaction score
Which model is that? I don't think I've ever seen an apron-toe derby from Sanders before.
I bought them from Oliver Spencer, about 7 years ago, the model is not specified, as is clear, this is an order for a specific store.
Apron-toe derby this is a military collection, Sanders is popular in Japan, Korea, many stores order shoes to their specifications.

image_1575515268354_1000.jpg

f6d393d38cb612f415496aa356a942e3.jpg

372e3f5c14fed5a0d5aa78007bb447b6.jpg

Now they have such a model in their permanent collection.
Henry Reverse Suede Leather Upper Leather Vamp Lining White Vibram Morflex Sole
I don't like the sole, but I think this model should be popular with fans of true denim.
Henry-2132AOS_A.jpg

leparrain7

Reaction score
I bought them from Oliver Spencer, about 7 years ago, the model is not specified, as is clear, this is an order for a specific store.
Apron-toe derby this is a military collection, Sanders is popular in Japan, Korea, many stores order shoes to their specifications.

View attachment 1441289
View attachment 1441302

View attachment 1441301
Now they have such a model in their permanent collection.
Henry Reverse Suede Leather Upper Leather Vamp Lining White Vibram Morflex Sole
I don't like the sole, but I think this model should be popular with fans of true denim.
View attachment 1441303
completely agree, I don't like this sole any more, I appreciate these Hunting derbies, I would have preferred a dainite or commando sole, I almost took the Newton from Cheaney on matchfashion unless of 200 € but I missed my size
FFF1BF35-640A-4B0C-AF4F-881040B328E0.jpeg

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice.
I'm also reluctant to take the olly because I already have Bourton smooth leather and I just took Cheltenham grained leather so that will give me an extra brogues, even if the Olly are suede. there is a pair of Archies in blue that I think are beautiful too.
in any case, I have decided not to spend more money looking for brands at prices that are out of budget for me, so my wife and my wallet will be happy ?

Yes I really liked the Olly and was a bit sad to see them go back but I decided to be sensible!

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The toe box is too low for me unfortunately, pinches the big toes.
Yes you need to size up on Hi Tops because of this. Looking at the boot you think it does not look narrow. Then you realise it is the depth that is the issue.

leparrain7

Reaction score
hi guys,
i just got the Cheltenhams from Sanders for Hackett, very good overall impression on the quality of the leather and the fitment, i also like the color, only complaint would be the laces to change.
however when trying them i have a noticeable difference between the two feet, i'm very comfortable with my left foot the stronger foot, but really tight the right foot which is however my weaker foot! I have the impression that they are two different sizes even if it is marked 8.5uk on both, I also measured the length of the shoe and it looks like there is a difference of 4 millimeters in favor of the left.
is it possible that it is a mistake on the marking and that they are two different sizes? or just have to wait for the right to relax after a few ports?
FB30246A-3FA7-4AF4-B203-284D019D3DE7.jpeg

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New arrival and have to say I am highly impressed with these. Especially at £100 direct from Sanders.

Nice generous last with plenty of width seems to suit me well.

View attachment 1421799 View attachment 1421800
Hello,

Any chance you can compare the fit/sizing of the 4831 last with the usual suspects? EG 888, Alden, perhaps Church's 100?
-

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads