• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sanders Shoes

Vadim T

Reaction score
Is the quality impressive? I have been looking at C&J Chiltern
Don't even hesitate to buy Sanders, absolutely identical quality of materials and shoe assembly.
The only difference is that Sanders will not have shoe bags, Sanders does not use dainite sole, the lining on the Сhiltern absorbs moisture faster compared with Holborn, that is, leather with a different tanning method was used, but its quality is not worse than on С&J.
And of course different lasts.
I can safely recommend all Sanders shoes made of suede.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't even hesitate to buy Sanders, absolutely identical quality of materials and shoe assembly.
The only difference is that Sanders will not have shoe bags, Sanders does not use dainite sole, the lining on the Сhiltern absorbs moisture faster compared with Holborn, that is, leather with a different tanning method was used, but its quality is not worse than on С&J.
And of course different lasts.
I can safely recommend all Sanders shoes made of suede.

Thanks, do you have experience with the Chiltern also? I have a few C&J andhave always been impressed.

I believe Sanders use the CF Stead suede which is very good.

I’m definitely interested in trying a pair, may need to contact them about lasts and fit as I can’t find any info relating to that.

Vadim T

Reaction score
Thanks, do you have experience with the Chiltern also?
Yes, I have C&J Chiltern and I have Sanders Hi-Top this is essentially the same as Bertie only the outside of the sole is glued a strip of crepe and different lasts.

Vadim T

Reaction score

Sanders for Mark McNairy

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have C&J Chiltern and I have Sanders Hi-Top this is essentially the same as Bertie only the outside of the sole is glued a strip of crepe and different lasts.

Excellent, good to hear that you have both and still rate the much cheaper sanders.

I would happily pay for the Chiltern but I really like the look of the Sanders Bertie and the fact that it is more casual suits me for this purpose.

it’s a shame they don’t do the Bertie in the newer polo snuff colour, I really like the look of that. I might ask Sanders if they plan to in near future. Snuff would be fine though if not.

I also like the Holborn but at the moment I think Bertie has the edge as it’s more laid back and I think crepe sole will add plenty of comfort. I have plenty of sturdy boots on dainite, commando etc.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought some longwings by Sanders for Jigsaw,got them on Ebay.
I really like them,shape,leather,fit ,quality etc.
I would like to get some wingtips,is it possible to find the last from the information in the shoe? STYLE 5026/063BG
I had seen the Sanders Kelso before and I was impressed,I know that they make shoes for some well known brands but I am surprised that they don't advertise their own shoes more than they do.

Philby

Reaction score
May I point out here, for any Sanders enthusiasts, that I am selling a pair of Aldwych loafers for very cheap? I have found them to be too narrow for me, though I suppose they are not especially narrow compared with other shoemakers. Sorry if inappropriate, please feel free to delete my post in that case.

Salanizi

Reaction score
Hello

How would you guys rate the comfort level of Sanders' boots with the Itshide studded sole? I am specifically considering the Towcester model and I find that the Dainite offered on other similar brands (loake/barker) very hard when walking and causes sore feet after a long day's walking.

Are the Itshide any better than Dainite (comfort wise)?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello

How would you guys rate the comfort level of Sanders' boots with the Itshide studded sole? I am specifically considering the Towcester model and I find that the Dainite offered on other similar brands (loake/barker) very hard when walking and causes sore feet after a long day's walking.

Are the Itshide any better than Dainite (comfort wise)?

I’m afraid there’s not much difference although I think different shoe brands can be more or less comfortable than each other regardless of sole.

I used to have some Barker and found the sole very hard compared to say Tricker’s on the same type of sole.

Hard to guarantee unfortunately. I have heard good things about Sanders being comfortable though. I have a pair on the way actually but on a soft crepe sole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads