• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sanders Shoes

Vadim T

Reaction score
Is the quality impressive? I have been looking at C&J Chiltern
Don't even hesitate to buy Sanders, absolutely identical quality of materials and shoe assembly.
The only difference is that Sanders will not have shoe bags, Sanders does not use dainite sole, the lining on the Сhiltern absorbs moisture faster compared with Holborn, that is, leather with a different tanning method was used, but its quality is not worse than on С&J.
And of course different lasts.
I can safely recommend all Sanders shoes made of suede.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't even hesitate to buy Sanders, absolutely identical quality of materials and shoe assembly.
The only difference is that Sanders will not have shoe bags, Sanders does not use dainite sole, the lining on the Сhiltern absorbs moisture faster compared with Holborn, that is, leather with a different tanning method was used, but its quality is not worse than on С&J.
And of course different lasts.
I can safely recommend all Sanders shoes made of suede.
Thanks, do you have experience with the Chiltern also? I have a few C&J andhave always been impressed.

I believe Sanders use the CF Stead suede which is very good.

I’m definitely interested in trying a pair, may need to contact them about lasts and fit as I can’t find any info relating to that.

Vadim T

Reaction score
Thanks, do you have experience with the Chiltern also?
Yes, I have C&J Chiltern and I have Sanders Hi-Top this is essentially the same as Bertie only the outside of the sole is glued a strip of crepe and different lasts.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have C&J Chiltern and I have Sanders Hi-Top this is essentially the same as Bertie only the outside of the sole is glued a strip of crepe and different lasts.
Excellent, good to hear that you have both and still rate the much cheaper sanders.

I would happily pay for the Chiltern but I really like the look of the Sanders Bertie and the fact that it is more casual suits me for this purpose.

it’s a shame they don’t do the Bertie in the newer polo snuff colour, I really like the look of that. I might ask Sanders if they plan to in near future. Snuff would be fine though if not.

I also like the Holborn but at the moment I think Bertie has the edge as it’s more laid back and I think crepe sole will add plenty of comfort. I have plenty of sturdy boots on dainite, commando etc.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought some longwings by Sanders for Jigsaw,got them on Ebay.
I really like them,shape,leather,fit ,quality etc.
I would like to get some wingtips,is it possible to find the last from the information in the shoe? STYLE 5026/063BG
I had seen the Sanders Kelso before and I was impressed,I know that they make shoes for some well known brands but I am surprised that they don't advertise their own shoes more than they do.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.