Sanders Shoes - Opinions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LegB4Wicket, May 24, 2006.

1. LegB4Wicket

LegB4Wicket Well-Known Member

Just a quick question.

About six months ago I purchased two pairs of Sanders shoes from eBay. Both are Goodyear welted and I believe they are their Diplomat line and are quite impressive.

Has anyone else come across thier shoes, know where to puchase them in North America or have any general impressions of them?

They are asking £169.95 a pair from Pediwear and I only paid $60 US for them on eBay, so methinks I got a deal!

Regards,

LBW

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

sounds like a great deal. can you post pics? sanders is a brand that i have no information about....

3. LegB4Wicket

LegB4Wicket Well-Known Member

sounds like a great deal. can you post pics? sanders is a brand that i have no information about....

Unfortunately I only have a cell phone camera and it is lousy for close-up pictures. I'll see if I can borrow a proper digital camera from work over the next few days.

Thanks,

LBW

4. Hanseat

Hanseat Senior member

I know that Sander's makes the shoes for the british military when they need to parade... lower mid-range shoe I'd say. A friend has some and found them a little hard though- not as much cork as other makers use according to him.

5. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Supposedly they make for Polo now. I'd guess they are at a higher level than what they make for the military.

Tom

6. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

Like other shoe-manufacturers, Sanders and Sanders offer a range of lines at differing price points and in different levels of quality.

Apart from their own name and "˜private label' work, they also produce "˜Charles Horrell' and "˜Ely' as budget lines. Most of their output seems to be in the lower to mid-range, but they might well be capable to produce in superior quality levels if asked (and paid) for.

7. thinman

thinman Senior member

Supposedly they make for Polo now. I'd guess they are at a higher level than what they make for the military.

Tom

I understand this is true, so I would appreciate it if someone could give an informed comparison of Sanders-made Polo shoes with the Crockett & Jones version of Polo shoes (i.e. are the new Polo shoes on par with the older ones?)

8. mbc

mbc Senior member