• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sanders Finsbury wholecut. Does anyone know anything about these shoes?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3029ambassa.jpg

I saw these shoes on Pediwear wondering if anyone have a pair of these or know something about these in terms of quality as well as the shape of the last.

That is pretty much the only picture of the shoes and seems like google has no information on them whatsoever.

Ta in advance.

Stanley the 2nd

Reaction score
I brought a pair of Sander Blackwalls the summer before last. They are holding up well with quite a lot of use. Quality wise they are probably similar to Loake. Not sure about the wholecut though as it's a more expensive shoe. Would prefer a darker brown myself. There is little information on Sanders on the net and they have only recently got themselves a website!

London_UK

Reaction score
I received my pair this week, and it fits great and feel very confortable. Will be wearing at my next conference, so will let you know how they are after a long day.

I have never had problem with a Sanders shoes before, their F is a tad more generous then the average F, which is great for me. No tight grab on the bridge, it fit like a glove.

My advice is to order it, delivery is free anyway. And you get return labels already printed so if for some reason they are not what you want, simply post them back.

The cost of returning them, recorded, is cheaper then the cost of driving to the specialized shop in the city, or taking a day travel card. And you get to try them in the confort of your own place, with different trousers and different socks in case you have a doubt about wearing a pair of thick socks.
And you are not under pressure from the sales staff or getting any looks.

I will be calling Sanders today to ask them if they have a similar model with rubber soles and if they offer resoling services ( if not I might buy another pair and ask my cobbler to sort it out)

A wholecut shoe at this price is amazing.
And if you put it side by side with Crockett & Jones (£400) or Shipton & Heneage (£285) it is hard to tell the difference unless someone asks which make are they or wants to see the sole.

And don't forget, still made in England
wink.gif

Check this for some wholecut shoes:
http://the-shoe-snob.blogspot.com/20...-cut-shoe.html

If you need any detailed pictures, let me know.

NB
I signed on to this forum just to post this, that's how happy I am with my pair
bigstar[1].gif

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Those wholecuts look a lot like the ones that M&S were selling a couple of years ago under their British Heritage lines of shoes. I remember asking them which maker supplied the shoes - naturally, they wouldn't say. In retrospect that was naive of me, but anyhow....

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
Sanders had a shop Jermyn Street way. Closed a few years back. Now that Barker has a shop there, it would good to see some of the lower-tier makers opening up shop: Loake, Alfred Sargent. Cheaney and Grenson are out east. Cheaney were on New Bond Street. Big brands like Loake could surely afford to run a shop. Alfred Sargent Handgrade deserves a showcase. Like the look of their Handgrade, but there's absolutely no way I would buy a pair if I can't see them and try them on first.

London_UK

Reaction score
Here are some pics, after 1 day conference, including 30 min long walk at the end of the night.

Put them on in the morning, took them off in the evening, as if I was wearing slippers, I only had this experience with the R M Williams boots, that's how comfortable I felt.

Again, if you don't like them, you can just return them and pay for the return post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads