1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sandal's for summer?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bcmc, Apr 2, 2002.

1. bcmc

bcmc Member

Hey guys, what are your thoughts for sandals for men this summer. I wore a pair last year with linen pants and the likes, but wasn't sure if that was still "in" for this year. I haven't seen many men in sandals this year, but it may still be a bit early. I'm in the south, so we've had some pretty warm days already.

Any how, what are your thoughts? There is a pair of Kenneth Cole that look really sharp.

Thanks

2. Dalton

Dalton Member

First off, are you referring to actual sandals or more along the lines of flip-flops and slides? Because I personally am a huge fan of slides and flip-flops. I think a good pair of leather slides are essential for summer wear because they are comfortable and I think they look cool. Kenneth Cole and J. Crew usually have good slides and flops for under $100. Or, if you wanna go even more thrifty, I just bought some flip-flops from Gap the other day for $15 and I love them.

3. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

I'm in Arizona and it was 93 yesterday so I say go for it. I just bought a pair of sandals (not flip flops or slides) made by Brown Shoe and paid only $35. They're nice leather, very comfortable and look good with jeans, shorts or khakis.

When I want to be dressier, I wear my Johnston & Murphy Baytown loafers w/o socks and that gives me a nice resort look.

Of course, I live in a resort area, so I can get away with a Hawaiian shirt, khakis or linen slacks and my choice of sandals or loafers throughout most of the year. I'm sure in NYC I would look fairly stupid in this outfit.

Bradford

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

burberry has great sandals this summer. check them out if you can find some in your area.