• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sandals are good and all but...

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So on my college campus there still seems to be a lot of dumb asses wearing flip flops. In Spokane last week it snowed not only that but the snow stuck for a day. It has been that cold. These damn kids are still wearing their *******-ratty-nasty-black-from-sweat-and-dirt flip flops, even with winter jackets. Its terrible. Dont get me wrong though, there is nothing wrong with wearing flipflops in the summer time, but ****, Snow on the ground and they wont let them go! I have been freezing ****** of in this damn city ever since I returned in September. Of course they are all part of the Abercrombie and Fitch wearing "Douche Rocket" crowd.
/rant

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
So on my college campus there still seems to be a lot of dumb asses wearing flip flops. In Spokane last week it snowed not only that but the snow stuck for a day. It has been that cold. These damn kids are still wearing their *******-ratty-nasty-black-from-sweat-and-dirt flip flops, even with winter jackets. Its terrible. Dont get me wrong though, there is nothing wrong with wearing flipflops in the summer time, but ****, Snow on the ground and they wont let them go! I have been freezing ****** of in this damn city ever since I returned in September. Of course they are all part of the Abercrombie and Fitch wearing "Douche Rocket" crowd. /rant
eh? People are dumbasses because their cold tolerance is much higher than yours?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont think they wear em cuz of a higher cold tolerance
i agree with the abercrombieness
they wear em cuz they wanna be abercrombie
or cuz to em its trendy in soem other way
not cuz there not cold
a lot of people might wear boots in summer and i dont think its cuz their heat tolerence is higher then other folks

Smooth Genes

Reaction score
A grown mans feet shouldnt be visible in public unless he is swimming/at the beach.

flipflops can rot in hell

Reaction score
^ that's true for the WEST (writ large), but not so much for, say, ASIA, AFRICA, and such

amdi8

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smooth Genes
A grown mans feet shouldnt be visible in public unless he is swimming/at the beach.

Not true as well in SoCal. Here flip flops and sandals are the general uniform during 90% of the year.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see some kids doing that on my campus as well, it's ridiculous.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smooth Genes

I wish I could uninvent them, very prevalent amongst the west hollywood crowd and those who wish to be like them.

Silentblue

Reaction score
I live in Southern California and hate it when guys wear flip-flops. Why? They never take care of their feet, it's always so damn grotesque when I look down at A)Hairy feet, B)Extremely dry and ashy feet, C)Unnaturally boney feet, D) Black soles due to dirt and E)Dirty feet due to dirt and sweat. I live 5 miles away from the beach, and I don't care if you're going to go to the beach in a few hours, put some ******* shoes on!
plain.gif

Girls look good in them because they take care of their feet, guys don't.

Max

Reaction score
Dude, it's college. Most schools are a vortex of slovenliness, you should be glad they were wearing shoes at all.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
eh? People are dumbasses because their cold tolerance is much higher than yours?

No people are dumbasses because its freezing outside, they wear their Sandals with say a big down jacket. Looks like Frostbite will be in style this year.

Also about the not taking care of the feet thing, I agree. If you are going to go with sandals please wash your damn feet and cut your nails. When I wear sandals, even when I am not, I take pretty good care of my feet, Learned that one in Nam...
tounge.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
What's equally disturbing is those who wear them with jeans, a dress shirt AND a blazer or jacket. Now that is heinous.

nino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silentblue
I live in Southern California and hate it when guys wear flip-flops. Why? They never take care of their feet, it's always so damn grotesque when I look down at A)Hairy feet, B)Extremely dry and ashy feet, C)Unnaturally boney feet, D) Black soles due to dirt and E)Dirty feet due to dirt and sweat. I live 5 miles away from the beach, and I don't care if you're going to go to the beach in a few hours, put some ******* shoes on!
plain.gif

Girls look good in them because they take care of their feet, guys don't.

Wear shoes to the beach? Gimme a break. Im in southern california too and there is a reason tons of people wear flip flops: its utilitarian.

MOCAZEN

Reaction score
lately I've been seeing girls(in San Diego) wear flip-flops with PARKAS!!! WTH is that about
plain.gif

Bungee Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
No people are dumbasses because its freezing outside, they wear their Sandals with say a big down jacket. Looks like Frostbite will be in style this year.

You could wear these, if your feet get cold.
eh.gif

2212_8701_233.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads