Sandals and men

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alessandro67, Jun 28, 2011.

1. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

lol source?

its right there! My source is many scientists at MIT in white lab coats. i was there. they told me. They also did field studies....with clip boards and pencils. one of them was wearing glasses. I trust em.

2. acecow

acecow Senior member

its right there! My source is many scientists at MIT in white lab coats. i was there. they told me. They also did field studies....with clip boards and pencils. one of them was wearing glasses. I trust em.

Have you checked their feet? They were MIT scientists, a few were bound to wear sandals... But it's OK, because they probably were wearing white socks too, so you can still trust them.

3. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Flip flops are beach and beach like activity only. Conversely, a nice, leather sandal is perfectly acceptable, if one takes care of his feet. Everyone's go to suiting brand creator and director Gianluca Isaia agrees.

There is an enormous difference between rubber flip flops that say Corona on them and a pair of walnut, slide sandals.

4. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Never stayed at the resort, but I suppose if men are what you are looking for, there are some there. Maybe even some adventurous newlyweds.

5. Alessandro67

Alessandro67 New Member

You've never seen a monk?

Yes I have and I hate them and priests and all the wacky beliefs that go with the sandals.

6. Patek

Patek Senior member

Some real and some not-so-real men have been wearing them for thousands of years.

Check out this guy. Not only is he wearing sandles, but look at the length of his jacket! Still, girls are falling all over him:

[​IMG]

Of course, if sandles help to do this, I would also be wearing them:

[​IMG]

Thank god He is not wearing socks!

He could have gotten them wet.

7. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

Flip flops are beach and beach like activity only. Conversely, a nice, leather sandal is perfectly acceptable, if one takes care of his feet. Everyone's go to suiting brand creator and director Gianluca Isaia agrees.

There is an enormous difference between rubber flip flops that say Corona on them and a pair of walnut, slide sandals.

gross. sandals with a suit to me is one of the worst things a man can do.

8. Xenon

Xenon Senior member

i like quiche or what ever you want to call it, HOWEVER men have ugly nasty feet even male models have ugly feet and noone, not even women, want to see ugly feet. If you are at the beach OK but NOWHERE ELSE. This is not a sartoriale rule but just plain common sense and decency.

Sandals on men are like speedo's on men[​IMG]

BTW this also applies to women with ugly feet which is admittedly far less frequent

9. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Or call football soccer...

This

10. stinsonbass

stinsonbass Senior member

Have you checked their feet? They were MIT scientists, a few were bound to wear sandals... But it's OK, because they probably were wearing white socks too, so you can still trust them.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Ive never owned a pair of sandals, and i never will. Its a proven science, once you see a mans feet, you trust him 29% less. science. done by scientists in white lab coats. at MIT. this is true. so keep your ugly feet covered.
    I read that, too. It was in last month's Journal of Pulling Numbers Out of Your Ass.

12. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

So I went to the beach and carried my boat shoes. After the first day, I went and bought a pair of flip flops. Putting your wet feet inside a boat shoe made all the dye leak onto my feet and my feet were dark brown for the next 2 days.

13. Minarchist

Minarchist Senior member

im in nashville. no such thing as a beach. and when i was in florida, i spent my time at the bar in deck shoes. The ONLY acceptable place for a guy to wear sandals is at the beach. There is NO excuse for a man to wear flip flops with jeans and a button up to a bar. which is what happens here all the time.

Sounds like you've been spending a lot of time in the Belcourt area or on 2nd avenue. I like to think that's a special breed of crazy in those areas.

14. gort

gort Senior member

I generally dislike when guys wear flip-flops 24/7 until winter but there are definitely some occasions during the summer where sandals are acceptable (imho).

15. tumadre

tumadre Active Member

Ive never owned a pair of sandals, and i never will. Its a proven science, once you see a mans feet, you trust him 29% less. science. done by scientists in white lab coats. at MIT. this is true. so keep your ugly feet covered.

That or a guy with a pony tail, haha.