Sand suede jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gregory, Feb 12, 2004.

1. gregory

gregory Senior member

Hi guys, I'm looking for a sand-colored suede jacket similar to this: Gap does not have my size anymore, and I've checked Polo, JCrew, BR, and BB without success. If anyone knows where I can find something similar, I would greatly appreciate it: [​IMG] I think it would look stunning with a light blue shirt underneath. Thank you.

2. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior member

3. gregory

gregory Senior member

Hi Ranjeev, Thanks for the links.. I enjoyed looking at the product you suggested. I will think about it, and will keep the second one in mind, especially. I like Gap's stone color better. Gap's size medium fits me perfectly. Would it be prudent for me to buy the Gap one eventhough it is only available in Large? What inspired me to get a jacket like this was seeing Cody Francestti (spelling?) on Born Rich. He looked really good in his light blue shirt and sand colored jacket. :)

4. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior member

Hey Gregory, I know the look you're going for. I'm in the market for a similar, light tan/khaki suit to wear with a pale blue shirt and blue and tan tie. I'd be weary of buying something that is too large. You'll look like you're swimming in the material. The second jacket might be a bit dark for the look we have in mind but they do have a stone coloured jacket as well. Best bet is to see the stuff in person and try them on.

5. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Bloomingdales has a suede blazer that might fit your description. It is their own brand, Joseph and Lyman. Keep in mind that it is really not a jacket per se like the one you have pictured, but a three button blazer.

I bought one in chocolate brown and it looks great. About $300 - $400 depending on whether you get it on sale.

The other option is Ralph Lauren purple label, but expect to pay $1500.

6. sleeper

sleeper Member

I was in Bloomingdale's the weekend before last, and these blazers were on sale at $299. This is a good deal, although I found that the smallest size they had, 38R, was cut too generously for me. In general, the fit was more "sack" than tailored, but this is probably not surprising at this price range. They are made in China, and the quality looked quite good. There were dark brown, light brown, and blue suede and also leather blazers there.

7. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Agree that the cut of the Bloomingdales jacket is sack-like. For that reason, it's pretty good casually, but not so good if you are dressing up.

The Ralph Lauren purple label is much more expensive, but also has much more structure. Very nice, but they didn'thave my size (44L) anywhere in the country, so I defaulted to the Bloomingdales.

As it turns out, there is also a nice Bruno Magli available through Ben Silver, but it is a tobacco color I don't really like.

Montecristo#4

8. BespokeLover

BespokeLover New Member

I have something similar to this jacket, by Schiatti, in a reversible style suede one piece.They also make a gorgeous suede shirt which is more casual, but in their unique way, extremely elegant and long wearing.I'd suggest you find a local retailer of Schiatti leather goods, and you could try their website and check under 'where in world" they sell their garments .Many of the the top private label clothiers use Schiatti as their house brand, such as Carroll's in LA, as theie styling is unmistakeable.If you want high grade leather, stick with Schiatti.

9. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

10. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Saw a stunner today by Zegna in Neiman's. Looked like corduroy. Pretty pricey, though...