• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Francisco SF Styleforum Meet-up - Kirk Miller of Miller's Oath Thursday February 25, 2016

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time for a Styleforum Meetup! As always everyone is invited. New members and their guests are always welcome.

As a special guest we will have Kirk Miller. I met Kirk Miller of Millar's Oath in NYC last Fall at the Styelforum sponsored Proper Kit Trunk Show. Kirk is the brother of Derrick, and they used to run the shoe brand Barker Black together until Kirk launched this family-branded tailor in lower Manhattan.

Kirk made some trousers for me and is visiting San Francisco where I will be meeting him for a fitting. I thought this would be a good time for a Meetup and I'm sure many of you would enjoy meeting Kirk. He has a very interesting knowledge and background in menswear.

Here is a brief article on Kirk and Miller's Oath by Simon Crompton of Permanent Style : http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2012/06/kirk-miller-millers-oath.html

And, here is a link to the Miller's Oath website where you can see more of their suits, shirts, trousers, jeans and accessories http://www.millersoath.com/

Kirk has been a popular subject for the Sartorialist:

What: Styleforum Bay Area Meetup - Special Guest Kirk Miller

When: Thursday February 25

Time: 6PM No Host Cocktails

Where: Mystic Hotel (across from Sutter Stockton Garage) in the second floor bar Burritt Room and Tavern

http://www.charliepalmer.com/burritt-room-and-tavern/

UPDATE - Appointments

Kirk will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and will be available for appointments on Thursday afternoon and Friday to show his new collections including a soft constructed shirt jacket, trousers, jeans and other apparel.

If you wish to schedule an appointment with Kirk you can call their NYC store at 212-219-9965 or email him at [email protected]

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can't make it, but I'll see some of you next week.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are detail shots of some of their trousers. Note the higher rise and side tabs in Kirk's photo (above) showing the house fit. I had mine made with a single pleat.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here are a few accessory shots. Note their signature rounded collar.​

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk, Derrick and a fan outside of their NYC location.

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I can arrange to be in the city that evening!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photo of Kirk(from the Wall Street Journal) in front of his NYC store. Come on out and join us on the 24th for a meetup.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'l try to make it. I'd really like to.
Problem is I have events in the City
2/26, 2/27 and possibly 2/28. I need a chauffeur.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just ordered a pair of their jeans with a unique combination of features - Sanforized, higher waist, trim cut, 7.5" cuff opening, super long inseam, made in New York City!, with custom Miller's Oath hardware. They also offer a 35 waist.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE - Appointments

Kirk will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and will be available for appointments to show his new collections including a soft constructed shirt jacket, trousers, jeans and other apparel.

If you wish to schedule an appointment with Kirk you can call their NYC store at 212-219-9965 or email him at [email protected]

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please note that the San Francisco Meetup has been moved from Wednesday to Thursday the 25th.

No Host Cocktails at 6PM

Mystic Hotel (across from the Sutter Stockton Garage)
Burritt Room + Tavern (Second Floor)

New members and guest are always welcome

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads