• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Francisco SF Meetup - Thursday September 12th , Label King Returns, Hosted by Proper Suit.

emptym

Reaction score

I am a new member; drawn here by a thread where people were wondering about the name/purchasing a push top water dispenser from Japan featured in two shoe polishing videos. If anyone attending is familiar with the video I've googled/amazon/ebayed far and wide and have not found any available, so...if you have one. I'd love to touch/rent it.

This is the dispenser. Looks like they're out now though. You might pm dieworkwear for more info.

Last edited:

Blog Marley

Reaction score

We can try a weekend meetup in the near future.

We should be at Leopold's by 8:30 and will probably stick around until 10 or so. Hope you can stop by Blog Marley.

Sounds good. I should be able to make it by 9.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our Meetup is a week from tomorrow. So far we have about 30+ attending including Label King and the owner of Proper Suit McGregor Madden and his associate Max Andreae (who handles all the measuring for San Francisco clients) .

If you are planning to attend, help us out and rsvp in this thread. An accurate headcount helps to manage these events.

We will have a good crowd including several people from overseas and out-of-state.

If you have never attended a Meetup, this would be an ideal opportunity to meet your fellow Styleforum members in real life. Everyone is welcome and feel free to come solo or to bring a friend or date.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I'm in.

Pelican Rock

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Matt Gerhardt and I own a small men's store in Walnut Creek. I am look forward to attending the SF Meet Up on the 12th. I will be bringing my girlfriend Natalie. Thank you for hosting the event and I look forward to it.

Matt Gerhardt
Pelican Rock

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We need one of these in DC.

There've been a few over the past few years. Definitely not as organized as the SF ones but they happen from time to time. If I remember correctly there was one earlier in the summer but I couldn't make it.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Our Meetup is a week from tomorrow. So far we have about 30+ attending including Label King and the owner of Proper Suit McGregor Madden and his associate Max Andreae (who handles all the measuring for San Francisco clients) .

whoa! 30 plus!!! hats off to you, Gus! :slayer: this should be a fun evening.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

FillW

Reaction score
There've been a few over the past few years. Definitely not as organized as the SF ones but they happen from time to time. If I remember correctly there was one earlier in the summer but I couldn't make it.

I'll try to make the next one. I'll bring a camcorder (getting a nice one for my 20th anniversary in my company) to document it.

Wish I could go to the SF one. Take lots of pics and post them.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gus, is there still room for another +2 for the event? I know two ladies that work in women's apparel in SF; they are very interested in our menswear shenanigans and want to see one of our events in action. I'll find out if they intend on joining us for dinner or not.

markr

Reaction score
Live in the neighborhood, so no excuse for not attending. Thanks for organizing Gus. Leopold's is a great pick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads