• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Francisco Meetup Tuesday August 14 - North Beach, Summer Fun 6PM

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've rediscovered North beach recently. I forgot how fun and interesting the neighborhoods, bars, cafes and boutiques can be in this area of the City. SInce it is summer, lets keep things a bit more casual. A Tuesday evening, things should be a little easier to get into.

Lets meet first for drinks at 6PM in the historic Vesuvio saloon.http://www.vesuvio.com/ Located right next to City Lights Books on Columbus , this was a true center of art, poetry, jazz and drink of the Beat Generation. Who knows, maybe you will sit in Jack Kerouac's chair?

If Vesuvio is just way too funky for the forum, (I've never been there) please suggest an alternate option in North Beach for drinks.

Next, say 8pm, we head up to Tony's Pizza Napoletana. http://www.tonyspizzanapoletana.com/philosophy.php
Located by Washington Square, on Stockton between Union and Green. Supposed to be the best in North Beach according to two highly reliable sources Sirus, and Parker.

OK, who's in. Show of hands....

PS: If you have never been to a meet up in San Francisco, now is the time to come on out and join us.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I may be traveling that week, but in if not.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far the date looks good for me.
Next to City Lights... Maybe I'll go early
and and buy a book or two to add to my
"to read "pile Now, to research parking.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only was City Lights the publisher of many of the Beat poets, it was the very first book store in the world to specialize in selling only paperback books.

emptym

Reaction score
I should be able to go.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Sounds like great craic, but I'll be passing out in DC next week. Have fun!

Horenste

Reaction score
6 blocks from my house? Just wish it was a little easier to get to...

See you all there

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I should be able to go.

Uh oh, a Moderator is coming, guess we all have to be on our best behavior....:)

Hey, what do you guys think of the choice of the bar? Good or too funky and want to suggest another? Speak up!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be in town. Count me in.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I won't be there, but wish I could be. I used to live in NB and Vesuvio was often a hangout. Not as much as Specs but still I miss that place.

Last edited:

Horenste

Reaction score
Comstock, right around the corner from Vesuvio, is a great option as well. We could always talk to Ami or Brad at Wingtip and see if they would be willing to have a couple extra gentleman for the evening...

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Comstock, right around the corner from Vesuvio, is a great option as well. We could always talk to Ami or Brad at Wingtip and see if they would be willing to have a couple extra gentleman for the evening...

Wingtip is comfortable place to visit. Are they moving it into their new facilities so that everything will be combined?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads