1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

San Francisco Meetup At Wingtip's Private Club - Photos Now Posted

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GusW, Jan 11, 2013.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Heading over to SF tomorrow and may stop by Wingtip to take some pics. If so I will post them.

2. Archivist

Archivist Senior member

Sounds fun, I'll see you guys there.

3. GusW

Anyone have suggestions for dinner nearby?

4. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Perbacco. http://www.perbaccosf.com/

Sadly, I have a meeting that night and can't attend. :(

5. ELG

ELG Senior member

I can't wait for this.

6. GusW

When Ami returns from his New York buying trip we should have more details to announce about our meetup at Wingtip. It promises to be an enjoyable evening.

I stopped in the store yesterday and had an enjoyable time with Erik Gavrilor, the Bespoke Advisor of WIngtip's downstairs custom department. Erik is a likeable guy full of enthusiasm about apparel, fabrics and construction. He is as much into tailored clothing as denim and boots. He is the man to see if you want to discuss WIngtip's various MTM programs. As part of our Meetup we will meet Erik and take a tour of the downstairs tailoring department.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  7. jchosko

jchosko Senior member

This sounds like a lot of fun! I'm going to do my best to attend. It'll be great to meet some more Bay Area SF folks.

Jason

8. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Senior member

Well by a strange twist of luck I may be in SF that week and would like to join in. Sorry to hijack the thread but if anyone could estimate the temperatures in SF at this time of year it would help my decision making when it comes to pack. Also, as much as you could say this about any city, is SF considered a more or less formal type of place when it comes to business (medical field)? Thanks and I look forward to meeting some igents soon.

9. comrade

comrade Senior member

10. GusW

Duke, we look forward to you joining us.

The average is 58 for the daily high and 46 for the nightime low. Expect some chilly Bay breezes. I was walking around yesterday with a tweed jacket and a scarf and was quite comfortable.

11. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Thanks for setting this up, Gus! I'll definitely be in attendance.

12. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

I'm traveling that week. :(

13. GusW

Once again, everyone is invited. Especially new SF members or long time lurkers :)

If you haven't already, can you post here if you plan to attend so that I can get a rough head count for WIngtip?

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

How come we can't have something like this in NYC (or is there and I am just unaware)?

Sorry, back to Wingtip... are they still stocking AS?

Go Niners!

15. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

They continue to carry AS.

16. GusW

You can. Just start a thread and organize it. There is nothing "official" about these. Most retailers are also quite happy to host a meetup in their store for a bunch of potential customers. In 5+ years of helping to put these together I don't think we have ever been turned down. Most are quite simple, we just meet for drinks at a lively bar and then move on to dinner. But hosted events at retailers or manufacturers bring out the best crowds along with events set up to meet visiting SF members. We did that recently for Acidboy's visit. We went all over town that evening :)

17. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I'm looking forward to this event - I recently happened to meet Ami's mother, a designer in Arroyo Grande, and got the low down on the new furnishings (upholstered in Dormeuil!). I'm excited to see them in their finished state, as we may be ordering a sofa from her in the near future.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  18. GusW

Here is a pic of one of the upholstered Dormeuil chairs located downstairs in the MTM department. There are more up in the private club along with some covered in Johnston tweed fabric as well.

[​IMG]

19. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Glad Binge is coming. +1 on Eric being a terrific guy. Looking forward to it, Gus.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

that's Erik who joined us the last time, right? sf lurker and a friendly fella!

I represent pocketsquare guy. for a nominal fee, plus travel, hotel and restaurant expenses we can arrange for him to travel to ny and organize a meet-up there. please pm me for rates.

thanks, m. so will you be crossing the pacific this year?

1 person likes this.