• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San diego

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be in San Diego on Nov 9-14 for some crappy meetings. anyone want to meetup?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was just there visiting another (now more of a lurker) forumite. Great time. IF you want suggestions of what/where to check out, I'm happy to help.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was just there visiting another (now more of a lurker) forumite. Great time. IF you want suggestions of what/where to check out, I'm happy to help.

I would love suggestions. Thanks

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's some decent hang out spots downtown.

Craft and Commerce - for cocktails, beer, and people watching. It's gets very crowded Friday/Saturday night but it's fun.
Farmers Market on Saturday. U-371 for a douchier/rowdier experience. There was an interesting cocktail spot across the street but I didn't get the name.

The Gas Lamp district (downtown along 5th avenue) has a ton of spots. Vin de Syrah was very cool. I went late at night so it was dying out but good cocktails and promising menu. Some talent as well. Quality Social was good too. Mind you I was out in this neighborhood the sunday before labor day so it wasn't incredible but it had potential.

The Little Italy neighborhood is also nice. Forget the names of two restaurants we went to there.

La Jolla/Pacific Beach - Wasn't at either at night but drove up for lunch/day time drinks. Georges at La Jolla has a great view from the roof top bar/dining. The Cove also in La Jolla to view (and smell) pelicans and Sea Lions.

JRDN at Pacific Beach for more or less the same experience as Georges. The Fish Shop in Pacific Beach for great seafood. Pacific Beach Ale House for good beer and a cool view (from the roof). I hear Pacific Beach is great for the real young crowd (early 20s).

Since you'll be there for work, Craft & Commerce should be a good spot to check out. Crowd is mid to late 20s but it's fairly sophisticated. La Jolla/PB for lunch/siteseeing/day drinking is good too. Vin de Syrah is worth the trip.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads