• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samurai's 24oz denim

knugget

Reaction score
I'm thinking it will probably be around the 30-35000 yen range. Most Samurais appear to be that price, except for the AI denim. Well hopefully.

BOF

Reaction score
I love them... just not in the summer.

My Samurais (17oz LHT 0110XJ) have become quite soft, which is really cool with how substantial they still feel.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Supertarheel
I hate heavy jeans. So unnecessary.
Oh hai!
TRIALU17.jpg
EDIT: For the purists and sticklers, I am not implying ANY denim holds up in high speed skid scenario. Heavy denim is still a good all around choice for riding.

NiFTY

Reaction score
i am wearing 21oz samurai's right now in the australian summer and it isn't that bad. i doubt 24oz is going to be that much hotter. the breaking in will be pretty rough though, i sized down 1 size to 31, and i had bruises on my hip from trying to stretch the waist out. they are very comfy now though.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by smw356
fwiw my 19oz samurai's are notably cooler in the heat than my apc's. Weight isnt everything.

My 19 oz. Samurais are also cooler than my APCs, but that might be because of fit. My APCs are tighter, so they are warmer in the heat, but my Samurais keep my legs warmer in -20 weather whereas my APCs don't.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
My 19 oz. Samurais are also cooler than my APCs, but that might be because of fit. My APCs are tighter, so they are warmer in the heat, but my Samurais keep my legs warmer in -20 weather whereas my APCs don't.

funny, my 21 oz esef skys keep me warmer in cold weather than 14 oz sugarcane okinawas AND keep me cooler in warm weather as well. they also fit slimmer.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
funny, my 21 oz esef skys keep me warmer in cold weather than 14 oz sugarcane okinawas AND keep me cooler in warm weather as well. they also fit slimmer.

I guess this just demonstrates that each brand of jeans is somewhat unique. I always thought my case was due to the tighter weave and heavier weight of the denim of Samurais vs. the looser and lighter denim of APCs (combined with a much tighter fit). I'm not an expert though, so this is just my hypothesis.

After all, I tested the tightness of the weave by poking the jeans with a led pencil. I reached my conclusion after numerous failed attempts of trying to lightly poke through my samurais with my led pencil contrasting with the successful attempts on my APCs.

centrix

Reaction score
do these stop bullets?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Preorders are up at BiG. $365.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads