1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Samurai lovers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sho'nuff, Dec 2, 2008.

1. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

- of course i plan on hemming

2. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

My first hot soak in the 710s prob only got a third of the shrinkage out. Recommend a hot wash to get most of the shrinkage out.

3. snuff_daddy

do they remain just stiff after a hot wash as they are right now [after just a hot soak]?

4. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

do they remain just stiff after a hot wash as they are right now [after just a hot soak]?

they will become more comfortable with another wash or so and as you wear them. mine took three washes to get the all of the shrinkage out of the way.

5. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

Lots o space around the hips...

6. niix

niix Senior member

Doesn't look too bad. I agree it could come in a bit on the hips - but you and I have different ideas of what "fits good."

Are you happy with it?

7. whatever123

Doesn't look too bad. I agree it could come in a bit on the hips - but you and I have different ideas of what "fits good."

Are you happy with it?

yeah man, thats how the 710s should fit imo. fit is fine...wash/soak again, hem, wear. i really dont think you should have sized down. and i think the thigh fit is perfect. my fit on my 710's and black knights is very similar to yours.

8. snuff_daddy

i actually want them to stay this stiff after a hot wash, but i'll prob give them one hot wash before i start to wear/get them hemmed

i'd like to see at least it shrink at least .25" on the legs, which from what everyone says is completely possible

and ya im happy w/ the fit, def couldve been worse! lol

how long do u suggest i hot wash them? and hang dry or dryer ?

9. niix

niix Senior member

i actually want them to stay this stiff after a hot wash, but i'll prob give them one hot wash before i start to wear/get them hemmed

i'd like to see at least it shrink at least .25" on the legs, which from what everyone says is completely possible

and ya im happy w/ the fit, def couldve been worse! lol

how long do u suggest i hot wash them? and hang dry or dryer ?

You should post some plate mail leggings pictures of these beasts standing on their own.

EDIT: After looking at the pictures some more I think the fit right now looks pretty good on you, a slight bit more of shrinking and I think they'll be perfect0!

10. whatever123

i actually want them to stay this stiff after a hot wash, but i'll prob give them one hot wash before i start to wear/get them hemmed i'd like to see at least it shrink at least .25" on the legs, which from what everyone says is completely possible and ya im happy w/ the fit, def couldve been worse! lol how long do u suggest i hot wash them? and hang dry or dryer ?
    when you say leg are you talking about the thigh area or knee and below area? i measured my pair before/after each wash (i actually have the same exact pair as you with the white tab, lot 13), so you can except the same results with yours. mine are size 34 and here is what they measure now and what they measured prior (big way): waist: 34.5" -- (shrunk 1" from raw state - stretched a .5") upper-thigh: 12.25" -- (shrunk .75" from raw state) knee: 9" -- (shrunk .5" from raw state) hem: 8" -- (shrunk .25" from raw state) so i would say yes, you can most likely get another .25" shrinkage out of the upper-thigh. i had gordon do a one-wash on his end (he soaked for an hour and then placed in the dryer on high heat for 15 minutes) prior to sending them out so he could hem them and what not. the second and third wash i did so with a hot/cold gentle cycle (which lasts about 25 minute) with NO detergent on the first, and a tiny bit of woolite on the second. i them put them in the dryer for 20 minutes on high heat after each washing. the 710 fit is really an amazing fit if you think about it. the rise allows for easy movement w/o to much bulge, the upper-thigh isnt set to tight, and the hem is narrow but not to narrow. *also, i they still remain stiff and textured, but they do in fact loosen up from the super stiff state their in right now. but you know this...

11. whatever123

Samurai Black Knights (710 cut) - No. 4/101 produced.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. snuff_daddy

hey thanks for all of the info, i would like at least an extra .25" off the entire leg or more

raw & after initial 30 min soak measurements

tagged 32
    waist: 16.5"-> 16"
    f.rise: 11.5"-> 11"
    b.rise: 14.5"-> 14"
    thigh: 12.3"-> 12"
    knee: 9"-> 8.75"
    inseam: 39"-> 37.5"
    hem: 8"-> 7.75"

13. niix

niix Senior member

hey thanks for all of the info, i would like at least an extra .25" off the entire leg or more

raw & after initial 30 min soak measurements

tagged 32
    waist: 16.5"-> 16"
    f.rise: 11.5"-> 11"
    b.rise: 14.5"-> 14"
    thigh: 12.3"-> 12"
    knee: 9"-> 8.75"
    inseam: 39"-> 37.5"
    hem: 8"-> 7.75"

I think these measurements would work very well as jhorts. You should cut them into jhorts and give me the parts from the knee down and I'll make shoes laces out of the material.

14. scb

scb Senior member

arrived today. soaked and put in dryer

s5000gx-k wind element

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

16. dawei94

dawei94 Well-Known Member

So do samurai's generally stretch back out to raw size in the waist?
    What about the thighs, I noticed some shrunk like .75" and then stretched back out to half way in between raw and soaked?
    Also, when other say that they keep shrinking, is htat in the waist, or everywhere, and how much?

17. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

So do samurai's generally stretch back out to raw size in the waist?
    What about the thighs, I noticed some shrunk like .75" and then stretched back out to half way in between raw and soaked?
    Also, when other say that they keep shrinking, is htat in the waist, or everywhere, and how much?

Yes, Samurais generally stretch back out to raw size, often beyond, in the waist. They don't tend to stretch as much in the thighs, because there generally isn't as much pressure on the fabric to stretch in the thighs as there is in the waist.

If they keep shrinking, they keep shrinking everywhere. It usually takes 3-5 washes to get all of the shrink out of Samurais, though most of the shrinkage goes away in the first wash or 2.

18. whatever123

arrived today. soaked and put in dryer

s5000gx-k wind element

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hurry scb...waiting for fit pics. thanks!

19. dawei94

dawei94 Well-Known Member

Also, i remember looking at a post on sufu by kiya from 3 years ago saying that levi's was going after samurai for the tab and arcs, and that shipping the japanese versions that still have them because of different trademarks in japan was a bad idea because customs wasn't going to allow them through. Is that still going on or has it stopped? I see a lot of people have posted pics of samurai's that they've only worn for a few months and BiG isn't selling the ones with tabs and arcs, so they must be from japan. Are they bringing them back from japan as personal items or are they just ordering them from like rakuten and shipping them over?

20. whatever123

^

support your local samurai retailer, i.e., big...