Samurai lovers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sho'nuff, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Dug up some old info on Sufu. According to Kiya:

1."Arcuates on the rear pockets must not resemble the Levi's arcuate in ANY way shape or form."
    2."There are to be NO tabs attatched between two pieces of fabric on the rear pockets."

That being said, the new sammie arcs are quite similar to Levi's unlike SDA. Notwithstanding the tab is there and obviously red...

Not sure how much blowjob happened, but I smell a new lawsuit coming

2. beautiful_FrEaK

beautiful_FrEaK Senior member

The red tab is indeed a trademark from Levi's. And the trademark is a "red" tab. That is why you sometimes see Levi's jeans with a plain red tab and only the R in the circle.

But all that is not the case in Japan. Levi's didn't apply for the trademark in Japan. So companies there can use the red tab without a problem. The problem is, when they sell the jeans that way to other countries

3. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

Fascinating stuff, thanks for the info chaps.

Yes I assumed there was something parodic in the arcs, I actually think SDA have the ugliest arcs of the lot, but as whatever123 says, easy enough to remove.

4. madmadigan

madmadigan Senior member

Samurai's S510AI-OGSP look amazing.

5. JRyder

JRyder Senior member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    I agree, arcs in general are usually pretty hidieous. I have a hard time coming up with one that I actually like...except for the classics of course. Sammies are not the worst. I still prefer without, repro waists are enough of a parody for me.

6. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Dug up some old info on Sufu. According to Kiya: 1."Arcuates on the rear pockets must not resemble the Levi's arcuate in ANY way shape or form." 2."There are to be NO tabs attatched between two pieces of fabric on the rear pockets." That being said, the new sammie arcs are quite similar to Levi's unlike SDA. Notwithstanding the tab is there and obviously red... Not sure how much blowjob happened, but I smell a new lawsuit coming
    this is SO OLD and not even worth discussing anymore, imo [​IMG]

7. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

It's out! Samurai's new AI model. S510AI-OGSP
    Those are nice! Any changes to the stitching to help prevent those crotch blowouts common to the S5000AI-10SP? I like the details, just wish the cut wasn't so wide.

8. beautiful_FrEaK

who besides blm14 had such a crotch blowout? haven't heard anything if they've done something about that issue. I like the S510 cut. It suits me [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. whatever123

Those are nice! Any changes to the stitching to help prevent those crotch blowouts common to the S5000AI-10SP? I like the details, just wish the cut wasn't so wide.
    when you say "common" what exactly do you mean? ive only heard of one person having that problem.

10. whatever123

Now it either the S5000VX24oz or the AI model.
    you might end up getting both [​IMG]

11. commodorewheeler

who besides blm14 had such a crotch blowout? haven't heard anything if they've done something about that issue.
    when you say "common" what exactly do you mean? ive only heard of one person having that problem.
    I had one on mine after 4 months of effective wear, and it was pretty light wear for me. Another friend of mine not only had a crotch blowout, half of one of his back pockets came off after less than 2 months of effective wear (he wore his harder than I did). There's no denying that the denim on that model is too abrasive for the type of all-cotton stitching that Samurai used on those jeans.
    I like the S510 cut. It suits me [​IMG]
    510 cut looks good on you. How did you size?

12. SupeMassivePowerTrip

SupeMassivePowerTrip Well-Known Member

360 AUD/USD for s710 shipped, still a better choice than skull 5010xx 6x6 at $265?

13. commodorewheeler

360 AUD/USD for s710 shipped, still a better choice than skull 5010xx 6x6 at $265?
    I'd say so. Samurai construction quality is better than Skull's, plus, Skull's newer denim isn't quite as nice as what they had before. It depends on how you want them to fit, though. 710 is a little bit of a looser cut than the 5010, so if you want a tighter fit, you may end up opting for the Skulls regardless.

14. beautiful_FrEaK

ah ok.

had the S5000Ai-10SP a rough feel? the weft has ink dyed bamboo in it, IIRC. but that really sux hearing such stories from a high-end pair of jeans. shouldn't happen. did you ever contact Samurai?

The fit is sized down one with Lot.12 but measured only 0,5" bigger than tagged.

15. whatever123

There's no denying that the denim on that model is too abrasive for the type of all-cotton stitching that Samurai used on those jeans.
    if true you would think they would change to at least a blend stitching. i will see if i can find out if it was a persistent issue or not.