1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Samurai lovers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sho'nuff, Dec 2, 2008.

1. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Does anyone know how much 2ND and BEARS on rakuten charges for shipping for a pair of s710xx?

s710 from 2nd is around 2800 yen to Australia.

2. beautiful_FrEaK

beautiful_FrEaK Senior member

like I said on MN, just ask bears. But there are cheaper options for Samurai jeans. Here's a fit of the S0510XX66II (and what I wear today) [​IMG] [​IMG]
    PBJ LVC Levi's Samurai RW

3. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

nice fit bf ... so is that denim 19 or 21 oz? sorry ... i dont know that cut!

4. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

nice fit bf ... so is that denim 19 or 21 oz? sorry ... i dont know that cut!

I think that denim is 15 oz.

5. whatever123

6. beautiful_FrEaK

yep it's 15oz denim. But not the Texas Cotton denim. It's the 15oz denim Samurai used before the Texas Cotton one. The pair is from Lot.7

7. whatever123

yep it's 15oz denim. But not the Texas Cotton denim. It's the 15oz denim Samurai used before the Texas Cotton one. The pair is from Lot.7
    ah, ok thanks. lot 7 ... what year is that from?

8. beautiful_FrEaK

Lot.14 is now, so 7 years ago [​IMG]

9. whatever123

Lot.14 is now, so 7 years ago [​IMG]

got it. thanks!

10. banis

banis Senior member

Shitty fit pic of the Samurai S500JX-LR.
    [​IMG]

11. brozek

brozek Senior member

Would anyone be interested in trading a 34W pair of Samurais for my 32W pair (S0510WX, Lot 9, 19oz I believe)? I bought them from Self Edge during the Levi's lawsuit, even though I knew a 32 was going to be too small. I convinced myself that they would stretch enough, but after just 8 or 10 wears, I realized it wasn't going to happen. So I put them away in a drawer just in case some future version of me started running marathons and lost 20 lbs. But now I have a baby and a tenure deadline coming up, and the marathon-running version of me is looking farther and farther away. I'm hoping to find someone in the opposition position - someone with a pair of 34W who wishes he'd sized down to a 32W. They don't have to be the same model (although the 510 fit would work best) - I just want a pair of Samurais that fit! (I suppose I'd be willing to sell them, but I'd much, much rather trade. I probably wouldn't sell them for less than $250 - enough to cover most of a pair of Strongholds from Context.) Measurements: Waist - 16.5" across Ineam - 36" Front rise - 10.5" Hem - 8.5" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Would anyone be interested in trading a 34W pair of Samurais for my 32W pair (S0510WX, Lot 9, 19oz I believe)? I bought them from Self Edge during the Levi's lawsuit, even though I knew a 32 was going to be too small. I convinced myself that they would stretch enough, but after just 8 or 10 wears, I realized it wasn't going to happen. So I put them away in a drawer just in case some future version of me started running marathons and lost 20 lbs. But now I have a baby and a tenure deadline coming up, and the marathon-running version of me is looking farther and farther away. I'm hoping to find someone in the opposition position - someone with a pair of 34 Sams who wishes he'd sized down to a 32W. They don't have to be the same model - I just want a pair of heavy, slubby Samurais that fit!
    I have a size 34 19 oz. pair of S0510s that I'd be willing to trade for your 32s. Only thing is, they have a short inseam. How long of an inseam do you need?

13. Airfred

Airfred Member

My 710's arrived yesterday. Sized up 1 or .5

[​IMG]

Pre-Soak: Hottest tap water.

[​IMG]

Post-Soak:

[​IMG]

Didn't shrink as much as I wanted em too so I soaked again and machine dried.
    Shrank like crazy and now the fit is perfect. They look real slim in these pics because I wore them damp.

[​IMG]

14. whatever123

awesome fits banis and airfred . the 710 cut is so awesome! it takes a coupe washes to get most of the shrinkage out of the way with the 710s, at least in my experience. they look good and should turn out great.

15. undftdbeast

undftdbeast New Member

nice fit airfred.

where did u cop ur sam 710's?