• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samuelsohn vs. BB GF (and tailoring question)

Lowndes

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well. Last spring I purchased a Samuelsohn MTM that I really like. However, I am now in the market to purchase 3 more suits. I am very satisfied with the Samuelsohn but was wondering if anybody thinks I should try another brand before ordering? The brand that seems to be in the price point of Samuelsohn (maybe a little more expensive) is BB GF. Interesting in what people think.

Also, on a different note I have a tailoring question. I bought my Samuelsohn last spring and have since lost about 25 pounds. The suit definitely is big on me now. I've done some research and have read how expensive it is to make dramatic alterations to a suit. I'm curious if it can be even done? The suit with an extra pair of pants cost me about $1600 and I would be willing to spend up to about $500 to get it fitting perfectly again.

Thanks for all the advice.
Edit/Delete Message

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Samuelsohn still in business? One of my favorite Denver men's shops stopped carrying them due to their precarious financial condition.

Anyone know more?

Twotone

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twotone
Is Samuelsohn still in business? One of my favorite Denver men's shops stopped carrying them due to their precarious financial condition.

Anyone know more?

Twotone

Well, I didn't buy my suit but 4 months ago so they were in business then.

pkincy

Reaction score
Back to the OPs question, I would think a 25 lb wt loss could be worked out for well less than $500.

However your tailor will give you a better number

Perry

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alot of it depends where you lost your 25 lbs. I mean ideally if you lost it throughout your entire body evenly, it would be easy to take it in a bit here and there. Although realistically, since it feels big, It may or may not be fixable. I sugguest talking to a tailor and taking some fit pics so we can better grasp your situation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads