• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samsonite briefcase vs Kenneth Cole Briefcase? HELP!

crazyofficedude

Reaction score
Ok, I know i'll probably get flamed for this question but, its what I like, so deal with it !

I'm having a hard time deciding on which briefcase to keep.

I purchased the Kenneth Cole "Mind Your Own Business" dowel briefcase in dark brown and the Samsonite Colombian Leather Flapover also in brown. Pics should be below.

I really enjoy them both, having super soft leather and a good amount of storage.

Working in a Mortgage office(smart casual, not suits) but sometimes have to be dressed up nicely for clients.

Help me decide which one looks better because my other half isn't letting me keep 2 bags....(which I think is crap, considering how many purses the woman has! )

Which would you pick and why?

Thanks for all the help!

crazyofficedude

Reaction score
Well, it seems that Style Forum is more for the established person of style, rather than the person who may be looking for guidance on how to get more acquainted with it.
Unfortunately I fall into the latter category of looking for guidance to enhance my style knowledge and appearance.

While it seems no one is interested in offering their opinion between the 2 chosen bags, which bags are recommended for a relaxed casual office atmosphere within the Real Estate/Mortgage industry?
I am more than willing to take suggestions, comments or guidance on which briefcase would be better than the ones posted, and possibly a quick reason.

The contents of my briefcase currently:
-15" laptop computer, charger and wireless mouse
-Files (3-5 thin)
-Pens (personal and client-use)
-Galaxy Note 3 smartphone and charger, earbuds
-1-5X9 notepad
-1-Legal Pad
-Phone
-Tide Pen
-Handkerchief
-Swiss Army Knife
-Business Card Holder
-USB Flash Drive

Regards,

Crazy

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be as serious as possible. What is going to happen to the briefcase/bag that you don't keep? On name brand alone I would pick samsonite. That being said, the 1st briefcase looks more traditional in regards to shape.

Last edited:

crazyofficedude

Reaction score
Thank you for the input. Now regarding what will happen to the other bag that I don't keep, it will most likely be sold or given away.

Any suggestions for an alternative bag or briefcase that will fit in a smart-casual realty/mortgage office?

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/34253/briefcase-Appreciation-thread

You also have to think about some things. Do you want a bag/briefcase for right now or do you want one that you can use throughout your career. If it is the later, be prepared to shell out some cash.

crazyofficedude

Reaction score
I don't mind putting out money as long as it will last. I have a Saddleback Thin leather briefcase in large, but its a bit too "rustic" for the office, to me at least.

I'm just looking for something to carry my work tools around and look nice doing it, I don't mind spending the cash if it lasts, but I also don't want to get caught up in the "boutique" or "ultra-prestige" bags and spend a house payment for a name.
I had a great leather guy in my area, and he's made me a few very nice bags from some very very nice exotic skins and leather, but he has passed away 3 years ago.
Function is my primary concern. The bags he made, were $500-$600, but in that price range, other than saddleback, I don't find the same quality for the money.

Can you recommend any other quality bags, possibly even second-hand?

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you are into canvas and leather but look at Filson. Also take a look at the luggage tab on Brooks Brothers website. For $500 to $600 you can get a quality case that looks good and lasts in terms of durability.

No exotic leather.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics