• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Samples of raw materials for learning

swiego

Reaction score
I don't own shell cordovan shoes so I don't know if they are the cat's meow, or just some fad. I won't take anyone's word for it either way, I want to judge for myself, but I can't spend $500 just to learn.

Likewise I'm curious about the various kinds of cotton (egyptian, that 200s stuff that Kabbaz guy charges an arm and a leg for, the "sea island" stuff some people talk up).

And I'd love to see side by side by side how super 80s wool compares to 100s, 120s, 150s.

So in my daydreaming, I wish there were some kit I could pay $30 for, that would give me high quality samples of all these raw materials, perhaps in squares a couple of inches on a side, so that I could play with it all in my hand and perhaps jump straight to the "right" materials (for me and my budget) without having to learn through full item purchases along the way.

I know this doesn't exist and I doubt it will so consider this post a daydream, nothing more. I would however be interested to know if others sometimes imagine the same.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 84 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 139 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%