• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Same look and name

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these are by alfred sargent:
sargent calls this model the carlton. this shoe is also called the carlton and is by shipton & heneage:
i like the look in pictures though i'm not sure how i'd like them in person. the shipton website calls it a '50s look. anyway i like them. what do you think?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
99% sure that they are the same shoe - Sargent makes them for S&H.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i thought so too.

for the guy who wanted a frank sinatra look, how about these?

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I ordered some shoes (a different model) from S&H several years ago, and was told that the model I purchased then was made by Sargent.

I have seen the Sargents in person, and while I do not particularly like that style, they are very fine shoes. It is a cliche, but in my opinion, the pictures do not do the leather and the workmanship justice. I have 4 pair of other shoes in the premier exclusive range, and think they are fabulous.

I am sure that the S&H and/or Sargent shoe is several times over a better shoe, but when I have thought about the 1950's look, I have been tempted by the Sanders "Blackwall."

Bic

Duveen

Reaction score
Hello,

I have seen lots on info on where to get C&J shoes (e.g. P. Lal, etc). Where does one find Sargent shoes (esp Premium grade) at a discount? What outlets sell these shoes under the proper name?

Thanks.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I bought my Sargents at pediwear and International Shoe. You should be able to find them if you do a search.

I think that they may be two of the cheapest on line sources for Sargents Premium grade under the Sargent name.

Bic

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%