Same look and name

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by matadorpoeta, Apr 15, 2004.

1. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

these are by alfred sargent: [​IMG] sargent calls this model the carlton. this shoe is also called the carlton and is by shipton & heneage: [​IMG] i like the look in pictures though i'm not sure how i'd like them in person. the shipton website calls it a '50s look. anyway i like them. what do you think?

2. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

99% sure that they are the same shoe - Sargent makes them for S&H.

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i thought so too.

for the guy who wanted a frank sinatra look, how about these?

4. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

I ordered some shoes (a different model) from S&H several years ago, and was told that the model I purchased then was made by Sargent.

I have seen the Sargents in person, and while I do not particularly like that style, they are very fine shoes. It is a cliche, but in my opinion, the pictures do not do the leather and the workmanship justice. I have 4 pair of other shoes in the premier exclusive range, and think they are fabulous.

I am sure that the S&H and/or Sargent shoe is several times over a better shoe, but when I have thought about the 1950's look, I have been tempted by the Sanders "Blackwall."

Bic

5. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Hello,

I have seen lots on info on where to get C&J shoes (e.g. P. Lal, etc). Where does one find Sargent shoes (esp Premium grade) at a discount? What outlets sell these shoes under the proper name?

Thanks.

6. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

I bought my Sargents at pediwear and International Shoe. You should be able to find them if you do a search.

I think that they may be two of the cheapest on line sources for Sargents Premium grade under the Sargent name.

Bic