• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sam Hober new ties for September

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New September ties for Sam Hober (Mulberrywood) This month we have 31 new English printed silks, an Oxford weave midnight blue and last but not least a twill duck for those who love the outdoors. The English printed silks are classic conservative patterns. Think Marinella, but completely bespoke and made in America. The Oxford weave is something a little different with a lot of character. The closeup photo does not show the weave very well, please let me know if you would like a swatch. As always all our ties are completely custom made/ bespoke in the length, width, shape and construction of your choice. Many of our silks can also be made into pocket squares. Here are a few examples:
English-Midnight-Oxford-Tie--1-pi-17238.gif
Oxford weave midnight blue
English-Printed-Silk-Tie--6-pi-17243.gif
English Print Number 6 Something conservative but cheerful
English-Printed-Silk-Tie--9-pi-17245.gif
English Print Number 9 Something a bit more serious

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Very nice David. May have to try these-love the midnight blue one.

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Very nice David. May have to try these-love the midnight blue one.
Artisan Fan, Thank you. I may have to make a tie in the midnight blue Oxford weave for myself. By the way, I like your forum name.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
David,

ties look great! WHat about bowties or pocket squares? What's new?

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
David, Ties look great! What about bowties or pocket squares? What's new?
Dirk, All the new silks should work for bowties and pocket squares although please note that for the pocket squares, they will have a "front" and "back" side. Other than an occasional sample tie for photgraphing and testing, we do not actually have anything in stock that is finished. We simply have rolls of silk which we can cut and make into almost anything: Ties, Bowties, Pocket Squares etc.... Our bowties would be made to one size, but any shape and width. Perhaps I should make some samples and post photos. Vintage Gent, In my view the charcoal/silver grenadine is somewhat similar to the classic black grenadine, in that it is very elegant and versatile.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds good - perhaps I could send you a bowtie so you can copy the size?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mulberrywood
In my view the charcoal/silver grenadine is somewhat similar to the classic black grenadine, in that it is very elegant and versatile.

That was my thought, too. I'm particularly interested in pairing it with a Chan shirt I have in this fabric:

Pzkgrangeavpink.JPG

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
sounds good - perhaps I could send you a bowtie so you can copy the size?
Dirk Diggler, You could certainly send me a bowtie along with any special preferences or ideas. Then we would email back and forth discussing the pattern and construction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads