• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Salvatore Ferragamo Tramezza's vs John Lobb

Almighty2

Reaction score
I have a question, while I know John Lobb costs more, how do the Salvatore Ferragamo Tramezza shoes compare to it in terms of comfort and durability and which is better made assuming we don't look at the price but just the shoe itself. Also, how different are their sizing? I'm referring to the laced up shoes. I was looking at Neiman-Marcus's website and saw this John Lobb shoe, what collection or product line is this in?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...MAIN&parentId=

Also, I noticed with the sizing, it goes 9.0D/10.0D as one size, would this be a 9.0D or would it be a 10.0D? Or is there a reason they list two numbers per size? Thanks!

Cheers,
Vince

fox in sox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Almighty2
Also, I noticed with the sizing, it goes 9.0D/10.0D as one size, would this be a 9.0D or would it be a 10.0D? Or is there a reason they list two numbers per size? Thanks!

Cheers,
Vince

I believe the dual sizing represents UK/US sizing so go with the 2nd number. Also, you might want to try the shoes on in person before purchasing, particularly if you are going to spend that much.

Almighty2

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Are JL's the same sizing as Ferragamo Tramezza's? If I wear a 9D in Tramezza's, what size do I need for the JL? It's hard to try the shoes locally in person as they do not have that style so it's just ordering and shipped and just return afterwards. Anyone hear actually tried the two brands of shoes before to give a comparison?

EuropeanInterloper Redux

Reaction score
In my experience, Tramezza lasts tend to be narrower than both the classic and prestige JL's. I can't say much for construction because JLs are simply too wide for my feet.

EI

Almighty2

Reaction score
Interesting so the length is the same for the same size, only the width is different?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 83 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 138 29.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%