• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aaron321

Reaction score
Class is something that is slowly nurtured over a lifetime. There are signs of class but it's deeper than that. Class is also context dependent. If you think you have it then don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

ultramantaro

Reaction score
I've seen appreciation threads on AE, Alden, C&J, etc. but haven't found one for *gasp* Ferragamo. Some of their shoes are quite nice. Is there an appreciation thread somewhere?

ceriano

Reaction score
How bad is the quality of studio line? I ordered this pair from Barney's sale and they are from the dreaded studio line :(

IMG_4254.JPG

IChen

Reaction score
Studio is pretty bad, but think of them as like...your beaters. with polish and care they'll hold up

ceriano

Reaction score
Studio is pretty bad, but think of them as like...your beaters. with polish and care they'll hold up

That’s exactly what I bought them for,,, I figured for 200 bucks I can’t go wrong. But I had no idea they are cemented. What a shame!

IChen

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I bought them for,,, I figured for 200 bucks I can’t go wrong. But I had no idea they are cemented. What a shame!
that's why those shoes are there to be worn in the rain

LThomsen

Reaction score
I heard that carlos santos makes some of sf's shoes. Can anyone shed some insight on what factory actually crafts for ad?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Except of the Tramezza line, quality has gone down of the last tan years. You can't go wrong, if you catch Tramezza on sale

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard that carlos santos makes some of sf's shoes. Can anyone shed some insight on what factory actually crafts for ad?
Carlos Santos makes shoes for Herring, Loding, Armani, some Japanese Brand with a Pac-Man logo and a couple more I forgot. Did not see any SF while visiting.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. does Paolo scafora make shoes for sf?

ijones027

Reaction score
Anyone know which line this is payed 249?

Attachments

• 20210228_004149.jpg
    20210228_004149.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 899

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never seen luring pairs from Salvatore Ferragamo. Their main problem is that there is nothing to differentiate their shoes from other Italian factories in their price range. The Tramezza-lineup has higher quality overall but the price point rises extensively. Even then the state of average is the norm.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance is between the studio line and the Tramezza-lineup?

tramezza is their high end line. They are Goodyear welted with better materials and more handwork.

Studio is at the opposite end; cheaper but also a bit more affordable.

edit: I just reread your question. Sorry, yes, for all intents and purposes, cost wise, their original line is in between. The original line is a solid shoe. Taken care of properly it will serve you well. And the price you paid is pretty fair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads