1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Salvatore Ferragamo shoe quality?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DrZRM, Sep 8, 2008.

1. aaron321

aaron321 Member

Class is something that is slowly nurtured over a lifetime. There are signs of class but it's deeper than that. Class is also context dependent. If you think you have it then don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

2. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior Member

I've seen appreciation threads on AE, Alden, C&J, etc. but haven't found one for *gasp* Ferragamo. Some of their shoes are quite nice. Is there an appreciation thread somewhere?

3. ceriano

ceriano Member

How bad is the quality of studio line? I ordered this pair from Barney's sale and they are from the dreaded studio line :(

IMG_4254.JPG

4. IChen

IChen Senior Member

Studio is pretty bad, but think of them as like...your beaters. with polish and care they'll hold up

5. ceriano

ceriano Member

That’s exactly what I bought them for,,, I figured for 200 bucks I can’t go wrong. But I had no idea they are cemented. What a shame!

6. IChen

IChen Senior Member

that's why those shoes are there to be worn in the rain